What's new

Happy to be a re-tread

I started wet-shaving back in 2008, and I kinda got away from it.

Just coming back now.

I researched wet-shaving because I was tired of the costs of blades going up and up.

I knew so little about how to shave, that I didn't even know there was any way to shave that would eliminate ingrown hairs and razor rash.

When I was shaving with cartridge razors, I would intentionally skip every other day of shaving, just so i wouldn't have breakouts and irritated pink patches of skin.

I fell in love with not only wet shaving itself, but all the cool scents and gear that go hand-in-hand with it. The whole culture is wonderful.

I fell away from the practice because I simply stopped making the time for it. I went back to cartridge razors out of convenience.

I will say that, with all the skills I developed through wet-shaving, I was actually getting a pretty decent shave with it, but I miss the experience and the feel of a real shave.

Anyhow, glad to be back.

One day I'll be brave enough to put down my 60's Gillettes and pick up a straight edge!

Welcome to B&B and welcome back into the wetshaver's haven!

I used cartridges, too, but have discovered the joy of brush, soap, cream, DE.

I'd really like to try the straights, but I'm a bit lazy still. I don't really care for the edge care, so to speak. It's a bit odd, considering how particular I am about the edges of my kitchen knives. Go figure.

Anyway, it's good to have you among us. Looking forward to reading your future posts.

:eek:)
Perkus

Last edited:
Welcome back. You are right in stating that there is a certain time committment involved. IMHO, I deserve that committed time to do something for myself that is so pleasurable. They might involve getting up 20 minutes or so earlier but it is MY time and I deserve it.

=D

Top priority today is to get some more stock of creams and aftershave. All I have now is Taylor Shaving Shop - not my favorite, and that's why it's the only one left! ahahaha

And once I get my post count up, I'll list some razors in B/S/T. I have about a dozen laying around, and I only use two regularly.

Top Bottom