What's new

Happy Thanksgiving!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

proxy.php

Okay, so like Thanksgiving was like a month ago ya hoser, but like whatever. Better late than never, eh!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. No matter what day you celebrate giving thanks (sorry for the belated well wishes to my Canadian friends); it is always appropriate to pause and give thanks for the blessings in our lives, for making it through the struggles that seem insurmountable, and for friends that see us for what we can be, and forgive us our faults.
I wish all my B&B brothers and sisters a wonderful day and thank you for our community.

I am grateful and thankful for all the wonderful Thanksgivings I have had the privilege of attending in my life. Reflecting on this makes sitting here at work much more bearable...That and the double time, but mostly that. Happy Thanksgiving gentleman!

proxy.php

Okay, so like Thanksgiving was like a month ago ya hoser, but like whatever. Better late than never, eh!
Take off, eh! Go have your beer and back bacon. We’ll have our turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and green bean casserole and broccoli cheese casserole and ham and sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce and dinner rolls and pumpkin pie and pecan pie and apple pie and cherry pie. Then come Christmas, we’ll be ready to eat again and do it all over.

(One year in high school, I suppose it was for Halloween, we dressed up, and I went as Bob McKenzie. Coo loo coo coo, coo coo coo coo…. Back then I also noticed that the Great White North was pink on all our maps. Take off! to the Great Pink North. It’s a beauty way to go.)

proxy.php

proxy.php

Oh right I have come across Poutine. Here we call it Cheesy Chips. You can get it in all the higher class Fish and Chip shops. I never thought of gravy with it. You can have gravy on it though I think if you ask nice. A La Carte I suppose it could be loosely called. You put salt and vinegar on it.

I saw on Steve1989's esteemed YouTube channel on military rations old and new (a great channel, with great content) him reviewing a Canadian Army IMP (Individual Meal Package) that had Poutine as the main.

Now I remember.

Last edited:
Top Bottom