What's new

Happy Singles Awareness Day/Weekend!

For those of you who like me are forever alone this weekend, what did you do for fun yesterday & this weekend? I went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday & while there I got my oxblood Daltons polished. Today I we not out to lunch & did some shopping. It was only Menard's but still.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I bought myself a gun and a 6pk of beer yesterday. Today I got to know my new fling (gun) and relaxed all day. Literally did nothing.

I stayed in most of the day and watched TV (Mythbusters marathon) and surfed the web.

Around 4pm, I headed out into the bitter cold because I needed to get some Lottery tickets, stopped for a nice hot bowl of Pho, got a coffee at Starbucks (for some reason, my app wouldn't load and I had a hard time paying) and then I went to the supermarket but didn't buy anything. I made it back home just in time to watch SNL40 at 7pm.

That sounds like a typical Sunday for me. I didn't know I was celebrating Single's Day.

Over the weekend in Tokyo there was a demonstration of "singles" against Valentine's day, held by an organization called "kakuhido", which means "revolutionary alliance of men whom women find unattractive". Not saying you are one of those, but it is an interesting way for singles to spend a weekend.

I am married now, with a child, and enjoy it very much, but I do sometimes look back fondly on my single days. It wasn't being alone that I liked, but the freedom to be as irresponsible as I wanted to be. Enjoy yourselves while you can. [FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, serif] [/FONT]

I took myself out for a nice dinner because I've not enjoyed much of my company lately. But I got into a small argument over who was paying, so I laid the money down and left to go home where I can be alone.

Top Bottom