What's new

Happy "Pils" Birthday to me!

Just received my stainless Pils for my birthday on the 23rd.

First shave will be Friday AM.

What a nice heavy razor.

JB

Happy B-Day. I just had my first shave with a Pils last night. I was wondering what other Pils users favor as blades. I tried it with an Iridium, by far my favorite blade, but I did not get the results I was expecting. I know it was only one shave, and I can tell that it requires I use a different angle than other razors, but I am curious as to what has or hasn't work for others in the Pils. Peace.

I've tried most blades from the WCS sample pack. I like the Shark SC and the Feather best in the Pils. My razor was ordered from A Different Scent (better net price after exchange and shipping) and they included three packages of the Red Personnas - UK blue pkge. They work well too, but I prefer the Sharks.

When I was looking into the Pils in June or July Stubblefield had a lot of comments and he also wrote the first review. He was an Iridium fan too but found the blade didn't work as well in the Pils, which was also my experience. He was big on Astras. I ordered some based on his continual mention of the Astra and the Pils. I found they were ok but far from the best. I guess this is where I say, YMMV - on the Astra and on the ones that have worked for me.

So far I have just used the Medical Personna.
It was OK. I just had two shaves but these are away from home so prep was a little different.
I will try the feathers, Sharks, Personna Red and then back to the Personna medical grade.

But so far, I love this razor.

JB

Top Bottom