What's new

Happy π Day

Pie squared

piepie.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There may be a mathematical reason more men prefer Marryanne ...

proxy.php

2 Apples? And I always considered cheesecake misnamed!

And no Coconut! The horrors.
Yes, on review that graphic is quite flawed. The apple crisp is not a pie, given the potential lack of a pastry crust its a crumble. Many popular pies are missing including shoofly. Although I don't believe cheesecake should be included. While its not a true cake it's neither a pie given its doesn't have a pastry crust and the lack of flour.

Yes, on review that graphic is quite flawed. The apple crisp is not a pie, given the potential lack of a pastry crust its a crumble. Many popular pies are missing including shoofly. Although I don't believe cheesecake should be included. While its not a true cake it's neither a pie given its doesn't have a pastry crust and the lack of flour.
How do you feel about "Impossible Pie"?
proxy.php

1. Place milk, coconut, eggs, vanilla, flour, margarine, and sugar in blender. Mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch pie plate. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Some of the flour sinks to the bottom to create a pastry-like bottom crust, and the coconut floats to the top.
It's very tasty.
It also works well if you substitute sucralose for the sugar.

Yes, that might meet the criteria for a pie. Mom would make an Austrian cheese strudel (topfenstrudel) that sounds like the filling would have a similar taste.

Then there's the burnt Basque cheesecake which I would argue is a true cake and note pie or tort like at all.

How do you feel about "Impossible Pie"?
proxy.php

Some of the flour sinks to the bottom to create a pastry-like bottom crust, and the coconut floats to the top.
It's very tasty.
It also works well if you substitute sucralose for the sugar.
That is a conundrum. I would need to sample it before saying if it was a pie, tart, torte or flan. :p

Although having found the recipe I can see where the conversion could be made for a number of other sweet or savory options.

Top Bottom