What's new

Happy newb

Hi B&B crew, firstly thanks. Thanks for your help, advice and information. I started wet shaving 2 months ago. I wanted to be more environmentally friendly. And I wanted to stop my face irritation from shaving and read that a DE safety was the way forward. All the advice and info on this forum has helped me so much, so thank you.

Secondly, the reason I am posting after creepily lurking around for ages is last night I had success. I shaved for the first time with my safety razor without irritation or a weeper. The defining factor was changing my grip to a close grip after reading the tutorial on here about different types of razor grip. It made me feel so happy to reach this point, so thanks again I guess!

Gear: Muhle R89, GSB blade, Extro Cosmeti Camelot soap

:thumbsup:
How do you like the Camelot soap? Can you describe the scent and how it feels?
I just had to have a smell of the jar again to make sure I give a good response. :thumbup1:
Scent: it smells very clean and "soapy and bubblebathy" rather than "aftershave-y" if that makes sense, traditional simple patchouli, it is not too strong but noticeable at the same time.

Feel: bear in mind I am new to this lather game so I am not probably the best person to give an informed opinion. That said, I got a good slick lather in the bowl, on the face it was slightly thinner than my Goodfellas Smile soap but it felt as smooth during the shave. I did need to add more water than I thought. The consistency of the soap is like putty.

I just had to have a smell of the jar again to make sure I give a good response. :thumbup1:
Scent: it smells very clean and "soapy and bubblebathy" rather than "aftershave-y" if that makes sense, traditional simple patchouli, it is not too strong but noticeable at the same time.

Feel: bear in mind I am new to this lather game so I am not probably the best person to give an informed opinion. That said, I got a good slick lather in the bowl, on the face it was slightly thinner than my Goodfellas Smile soap but it felt as smooth during the shave. I did need to add more water than I thought. The consistency of the soap is like putty.
I have a sample waiting for me but it will take some time until I get to it...
Many thanks!

Congratulations on getting an irritation-free shave! This is a wonderful pastime we have that turns a daily necessity into a pleasurable daily experience. Please join in the conversations, there are many good people here.

Welcome and congratz! Just wait until your skills increase and your shaves get even better than they already are. A few months after I joined I had a moment like yourself, but ever since have had several "aha" shaves that were leagues better than the first. Happy shaving!

Welcome and congratulations! I was a DE shaver for many years, I did it poorly but I was stubborn. Then I discovered B&B and now I refuse to shave unless I have enough time to enjoy it!

Top Bottom