What's new

Happy Birthday Ma'am

Happy birthday to your Queen!

Out of curiosity I looked it up, in less than a month she will surpass George III as the second longest-reigning monarch of the UK. She has a few years before she can outlast Victoria though. Here's to her!

She's coming here to Ireland in a month's time.First visit by an English monarch in 100 years.A BIG welcome for the Queen.

How do you get to be king queen?

You must be the eldest son of the reigning monarch or, in the absence of sons, the daughter. Prince Charles is the present heir apparent, and is likely to become King when his mother, Queen Elizabeth passes away. It is explained in detail here.

I really do not understand the royalty thing.It may be because I am an American but I do not see how just because someone is born in the right family you are in line to rule a country.
I guess the English want it this way or someone would have changed the situation a long time ago.

Paul

I really do not understand the royalty thing.It may be because I am an American but I do not see how just because someone is born in the right family you are in line to rule a country.
I guess the English want it this way or someone would have changed the situation a long time ago.

Paul

Oh! By no means do all English folk want it this way! But to avoid kicking a hornets nest, and in the interests of gentlemanly discourse, let's not go there!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Then again, I'd never argue with Syd Barrett.

A warm birthday wish to Her Majesty. Personally I have a lot of admiration for her. She is one tough and resilient lady. She always presents herself with class and dignity. Some think of her as stand offish but I see it as someone who is honouring tradition and acting like a monarch, not some flavour of the month to make the

You know, with my Irish roots I am always somewhat given to poking fun at our English forefathers. Still, I have to pay homage to them and I am mindful that despite the unpleasantness of the altercation from 1776-1780, England is the country of our springing. I once saw the relationship between America and England described as close cousins who at once deeply liked each other but were also somewhat jealous and envious of one another. I do know that a friend and his mother from Stratford-on-Avon district and a few others who were from the north of England were some of the nicest people I have ever met.

All my best to the Queen and to England. Particularly with the impending nuptials of Prince William and miss Middleton.

Regards, Todd

The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Top Bottom