What's new

Happy Anniversary to me ! First joined B&B --- July 31, 2016

Wow ! Where has the time gone ? It seems like yesterday that I first joined the finest group of gentlemen here on the internet.
But it is now six years that I've been a member of Badger & Blade, and I have truly enjoyed every single moment of my time with
all of you on our forums. July 31, 2016 when I first signed up, and it's now August 1, 2022 ---- beginning my seventh year with you
gentlemen, and so happy and proud to be part of this amazing on-line community. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Wow ! Where has the time gone ? It seems like yesterday that I first joined the finest group of gentlemen here on the internet.
But it is now six years that I've been a member of Badger & Blade, and I have truly enjoyed every single moment of my time with
all of you on our forums. July 31, 2016 when I first signed up, and it's now August 1, 2022 ---- beginning my seventh year with you
gentlemen, and so happy and proud to be part of this amazing on-line community. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Congrats!

Happy anniversary to you Adam! :thumbup1:

Hello everyone ! My first post here on B&B.

After about 42 years of canned shave creams & gels, and many different Gillette razors ( most recently Edge gel and Fusion ProGlide razor ) I am finally going all in with wet shaving. Two weeks ago, I started with the Art of Shaving introductory kit, just to see if I'd like using a brush and cream. Yes indeed ! So I then jumped further in, and for the past week, I've been using both Proraso green tub soap and Proraso green tube cream (alternating each day .... really like them both) with a Simpson's Colonel X2L best badger brush. First few days with my Gillette Fusion ProGlide and last two days with a new "Harry's" razor. I've tried both " bowl lathering" and " face lathering" and, so far, seem to be enjoying the face lathering technique. Quality of shave with the Fusion ProGlide and Harry's razors seem quite similar, both far superior to Edge gel with each razor. After shave has been Kiehl's Facial Fuel, which I've been using for years now. Expensive, but for me, worth every penny.

So, to continue my voyage, I just ordered a Merkur 34C with a sampler pack of blades (Derby, Astra SP, Personna Red, Crystal, and Feather) and a Clubman styptic pencil (just in case ...).
I've watched a bunch of videos on DE shaving technique and read many internet articles on the subject, and am raring to get started. Her's my first question ..... In what order should I try the blades ? I'm assuming Derby first and Feather last, but what blades in the middle ? Where should the "comes with the razor" Merkur blade fit in ? Secondly, ... how many shaves with each blade as I try them out ? Thirdly .... Pre shave oil .. yes or no ?

I'd appreciate any advice and comments. Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to turning the "chore" of shaving into the "enjoyment" of shaving. With your thoughtful guidance and advice, I am sure that this will happen.

Here is my first post from July 31, 2016. I have since posted 2,150 times. WOW !!!
It has been absolutely delightful being part of this amazing group of gentlemen. Thank You All !

Last edited:
Congrats and Happy Anniversary Adam!

Top Bottom