What's new

Handsoaps

One of the interesting things I've noticed lately is the importance of a good scent in my grooming products; the smell is half the pleasure of good shave for me anyway (IMHO).

I've tried a couple of different shower soaps (more on that in another post perhaps), but have settled for any old Softsoap brand handsoap.

So the other day (while taking my son to the Gap to by some clothes for a new job) I swung into Bath and Body Works and sniffed out a few of their soaps.

Now the very word Aromatherapy make me want to gag, but when my honker got a whiff of their Lemongrass Mandarin soap I decided I must have it, the 24 ouncer, not the measely 12 oz.

Let me tell you, I've been looking for reasons to go wash my hands lately and may have just found another obsession. :cool:

Anyone else suffer from handsoap AD? :biggrin:

Hmmm, HAD? As in I've been HAD? :001_rolle
Well, I have a closet shelf loaded with hand and body soaps. Here was a part of show and tell day:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
guenron said:
Hmmm, HAD? As in I've been HAD? :001_rolle
Well, I have a closet shelf loaded with hand and body soaps. Here was a part of show and tell day:

We are not worthy....:redface:

With three-kids, I am washing my hands constantly. That, plus living in the North East, my hands get very dry. I find, interestingly, that they respond better to a hard soap than the liquids. I have tried all sorts of high-end liquid soaps, and they all dry my hands out something fierce. I have started using some T&H hard bar soap instead, and find it much gentler.

In the shower, however, I find that gels and such don't dry me out as much as hard soaps. Not sure what the discrepency means....

I keep my bath soap slivers in a soap dish by the sink to wash my hands. I don't care for the liquid handsoap either. Harder to rinse off and doesn't leave my hands as clean feeling as hard soap. I'm with Scotto, I too think the liquid stuff is also more drying.

Right now it's Bee & Flower Ginseng and Grisi Avocado mashed together. Nice combo

Ditto again on the Bath & Body Works stuff..I buy the regular soaps, and they're fantastic. Great staying power on your hands and very moisturizing..and 3/$10, they're a steal.

Top Bottom