What's new

Handles to Gillette Heritage?

Hello shavingfriends!

I own a Gillette Heritage, but I´m not so pleased with the original handle of that razor. I have read on shaving forums that it´s possible to change handles on 3-piece razors. Can you folks please give me some tips and ideas which handles I can buy to replace my original one on my Gillette Heritage?

Best Regards Fredrik

I have a Heritage DE and a RR GameChanger .68 with Barberpole handle. I found the Heritage handle too thin for my liking, and the GC handle too long. If you're looking for a thicker, heavier handle, this RR thick handle fits both.

Here's a pic of the RR thick (left) vs Heritage.

IMG_0741.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
Hmm, I'm on the opposite side. Thought about buying the Heritage just for the handle!

The RR Thick Bar is great, but just too thick for most old Gillettes.

I own a Gillette Heritage, but I´m not so pleased with the original handle of that razor. I have read on shaving forums that it´s possible to change handles on 3-piece razors.
I am intrigued about what displeases you about the handle.
The handle is the heritage inspiration to the razor; take that away and you are left with a Mulhe R89 head. You can use any modern handle with a M5x0.8 thread on that head.

Most three-piece razor handles will interchange. Some of my favorite 3rd party handles are the Maggard MR11 and Razorock Super Knurl. West Coast Shaving also has a good selection.

Hmm, I'm on the opposite side. Thought about buying the Heritage just for the handle!

The RR Thick Bar is great, but just too thick for most old Gillettes.
While I ended up returning mine as it really didn't bring anything to the table for me (having a DE89 and R89), the best part of that razor is the handle. I didn't want to have a $35 handle laying about but I was tempted for awhile. The Heritage would make a terrific starter razor as well as a razor for an experienced person who simply likes mild shavers.

While I ended up returning mine as it really didn't bring anything to the table for me (having a DE89 and R89), the best part of that razor is the handle. I didn't want to have a $35 handle laying about but I was tempted for awhile. The Heritage would make a terrific starter razor as well as a razor for an experienced person who simply likes mild shavers.

I have the King C. Gillette and the "Caesar" 3-piece razor from the Roman Empire Shaving company. They both have the same type of head and the handles are interchangeable.

KCG
IMG_20221109_193307~2.jpg

Caesar
IMG_20221109_193257~2.jpg

As you can see the base plates are shaped slightly different. The Caesar base & cap are slightly smaller lengthwise. If I want a shorter lighter handle the ones off any of my Gillette Tech razors will also fit both of these razors. I like the handle on the Caesar razor on the left.

Together
IMG_20221109_193241.jpg

I just dig the travel case :)

Top Bottom