What's new

Handlebar Mustache? Share your lip!

$11359937316_0c6f9b3cbc_z.jpg

This thread inspired me to buy some wax and see what I could do. This is the Movember stache that's just been a bushy mess til now.

$selfie cropped.png

Yeah, I know I need a shave. I normally take Saturday as my only day off.

Ok, a question for the handlebar experts: is it ever too late to start training? I started growing my winter beard in October (and the way the weather's been lately, it's come in handy), and I haven't done any trimming. The mustache is getting long enough that I think I could pull off a handlebar now if the beard didn't interfere (I've done some experimenting, and it does). In the spring, when I shave off the beard, will I be able to beat my mustache into submission, or should I shave it off and start from scratch, with proper training from the beginning?

Kilroy -- Never too late to start; as robk said, I've had no real success with trying to train mine. Every time it's wash, it is back to square one. It's wax or glue stick for me if I want curls, but I normally just comb it to the side and wear is bushy. A lot of the guys over on the handlebar forumn started with a beard and then cut away to just the 'stache. What ever works for you. Good Luck.... Greg/Grizhicks

It is all natural today. I don't usually use wax, but I am waiting for some go come from Italian Barber. Will post new pic when waxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I present this in memoriam of my dearly departed mustache. SWMBO, though she loves beards, has some type of irrational hatred of mustaches. This pictures was taken this past December before heading to the theater.
$Me N Mel.jpg

Well this was a great find....

I've had a moustache since 7 NOV 1972...(long story)

Current Wax is Hnderbars but I've tried Firehouse, ordered some Oregon Wild hair and one of those brushes today after reading the tread

Trimming - For most of my 'Stache history I have keep in in "Military Trim" or classic chevron. For some reason I started letting this grow a few months ago - willing to let this go a while. The best tool for keeping the edges in line, especially under the nose, seems to be a Hart Steel 7/8 Square Point.

Advice - Resist the urge to cut those hairs that don't see to want to get in line. They are just having a bad day...and unless you yank them out by the roots they are going to come back and mock you, so learn to manage them..

$Stache.jpeg

Top Bottom