What's new

Handle PIF

Random handle PIF:

Handles1.jpg

Handles2.jpg

I've posted about most of these in here over the years. We are moving to a new place and I just don't have time to work on these at the moment, nor do I have knots for them. New place has a dedicated wood shop so there will be more to come just because I love tinkering on the lathe.

Most have a 1" hole, other than the smallest might be 3/4". Most of them are walnut with sapwood, the far left is soft maple and the far right is ash (love this one, almost kept it). Walnut have had tung oil applied, all need some finishing to be ready to use/set a knot. None are perfect, I'm very beginner on the lathe and they all started as firewood so you get what you get.

Post away and I'll draw from a random number once interest wanes, or shortly after we close on the 10th (or as soon as I remember after that).

Thanks all for the support in here. This has been fun, sorry I've been missing, just other priorities/interests lately.

Nice looking handles please count me in. I particularly like #2 and #5.
Good luck with the move. A dedicated shop sounds like an awesome feature to the new place. Hope to see more of your work in the near future.

These are beautiful! I work in forestry and I'd love to have a wood handled brush, I'm in. Definitely want to see these finished and knotted whoever gets them!

Terribly sorry everyone. Moving got crazy and next week I'll be camping with my family.

I will get these out to a winner as soon as I can. Still open and thanks for all the compliments.

I did find another one that had been lost to behind the workbench, and one that I actually did on my drill press as a makeshift lathe that has a synth knot in it already, but is still raw wood (soft maple, I think).

Top Bottom