What's new

Handle/Knot Choices:Purely Aesthetical

I am in the process of restoring some brushes, so I placed a couple orders for knots. These knots were not necessarily targeted for these specific handles, but I liked all three enough that I think that's where they are going to end up! Horsehair, Boar and Red Fox synthetic (all Shave Forge). Would you do anything differently? The Ever-Ready is the only handle that is completed and the other two also need to be opened up a little to seat the knots.

PSFix_20201228_221857.jpeg

20201228_221413.jpg

20201228_224217.jpg

20201228_224303.jpg

They will after I'm done with 'em! The boar handle will need the hole enlarged slightly. The butterscotch one just needs some residual glue removed.

I'm not sold on boar, but that sure looks nice in the 200 handle! I have worked diligently on this lovely TGN boar knot, yet all it wants to do is is consume the majority of the lather it produces. I know, give it time... But it's tough with all these other brushes screaming my name. Pick me! Pick me!

20201228_213439.jpg

The boar looks bloomed but I don't really see a lot of split ends in the picture, so not sure if you just have a stubborn one or more time to go. Might want to see if you can set the horse lower so it doesn't get floppy, but that is just opinion obviously. Good luck

Well, whilst having a soak in the tub, I came up with a great idea... What if I set the horse knot super deep, so it doesn't get floppy? Man, I'm glad I thought of that!

But seriously, folks, thanks for that input. The horsehair feels "normal" enough now that I probably wouldn't have done that without your advice.

Does this look better, or deeper still? It's at about 6mm below and 53 above. Actually, I just measured the plug at 20 mm, so probably deeper? The boar, I plan on just a couple mm of hair above the knot buried because of the big backbone.

Thanks again!

Jon

20201229_224234.jpg

20201229_224320.jpg

Top Bottom