What's new

Handle Help

I recently picked up a Goodwill 160 at a great price. However, I only paid attention to the handle when I got home. In the attached picture, it's the handle on the left. The handle on the Right is my handle for a Goodwill I already had in my possession.

I didn't noticed the thinner smooth bands on the top and bottom of the knurling as well as the lack of knurling on center of the ball-end.

I'm sure I have a spare handle around the house to match up with the Goodwill head...but does anyone recognize the handle on the left? Other than my curiosity, it's not a big deal.

IMG-4571.jpeg

Nope...here in the US. Not sure where the person from whom I purchased the razor got it from, but the my purchase was here in the US.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I recently picked up a Goodwill 160 at a great price. However, I only paid attention to the handle when I got home. In the attached picture, it's the handle on the left. The handle on the Right is my handle for a Goodwill I already had in my possession.

I didn't noticed the thinner smooth bands on the top and bottom of the knurling as well as the lack of knurling on center of the ball-end.

I'm sure I have a spare handle around the house to match up with the Goodwill head...but does anyone recognize the handle on the left? Other than my curiosity, it's not a big deal.

View attachment 1341688
My guess (only that) is that the shorter one is a Gillette clone of some sort. Or, someone did some handle surgery on it because Goodwill handles routinely split.

My guess (only that) is that the shorter one is a Gillette clone of some sort. Or, someone did some handle surgery on it because Goodwill handles routinely split.
Good point. Seems like a lot of effort but with those little cracks in those handles, and maybe a lack of spare handles, I can see that someone might do that.

Thank you.

Top Bottom