What's new

handicraft form vietnam?

Hey has anyone heard of/ own one of these brushes ? I stumbled across them looking for a real horn omega brush i saw somewhere and seemed kinda cool but would like some insight on actual bristle quality. If anyone knows anything please gimmie a shout thanks all:thumbup1:

Are you talking about Kim Son? [link]

I hear that they're pretty good, but what I would do is just buy an empty handle for $30 and have it sent directly to Shavemac in Germany and have them put in a high quality, fully customized Finest or Two-band D01 knot.

Here's mine. I've only had it for a short time, but I love it.

proxy.php

I didn't have a very good experience ordering my brush from KimSon. It tooks close to 4 months, communication was spotty at best, and I didn't receive the handle that I initially purchased.

I think one of the major appeals of horn is the marbling, so going for the flat black handle doesn't seem worth the $20 you save to me. The marbled ones start at $50.

very nice do you have any info on a site or contact for shavemac??

Here you go!
http://shavemac.com/dokumente/custom_made.html?navItem=60

Get whatever you want, but here is my official recommendation:
Hair: Finest or Two-band D01 (the D01 is much more expensive)
Knot size: 22mm or 24mm (depending on whether you like a larger or smaller brush)
Knot shape: Fan
Loft height: 46mm or 48mm (depending on how much backbone you want. shorter loft = more backbone)

I think one of the major appeals of horn is the marbling, so going for the flat black handle doesn't seem worth the $20 you save to me. The marbled ones start at $50.

Agreed, but as with most horn handles it looks and feels incredible in person. The black has a very subtle grain that is visible in person, and not only looks amazing, it feels really great in the hand.
However, I personally am not a fan of any horn colored brush (imitation or otherwise). Black or white is the only color a brush should be. YMMV, of course.

Top Bottom