What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hand Stropping Really WORKS!

I'm going to try hand stropping. Definitely with SE blades; the spine on the blade should make it easier and safer to do. I'll probably try it with DE blades too.
Thanks for reviving this thread.

I haven't tried this with my DE's yet(sampler pack provides so many I don't want to strop just so I can try more blades sooner) but I have done it on my M3 that I am still using when I shave my head(after my initial DE pass) and its allowed me to get 3 uses out of an M3 that I would usually toss after the first or at the latest the second time using it for a head shave. I'm glad someone posted the video for me in another link for a question I had but its nice to see that there is an actual thread for the video as well.

Now I'm going to have to try this in a few weeks...

What kind of grit is a human hand anyways? I'd be interested to know a rough estimate.
The only thing I could find were esoteric studies writen by what I call, super nerds. LOL

Surface roughness parameters for human skin:
80 ± 28 nm
0.59 ± 0.2 μm
Source

I drove myself crazy for 2 hours before I snapped out of it and gave up. :001_huh:

Just read through all the posts. Thank you all for the information.

Today was my first shave with the Gem coated blade and Gem Feather Weight razor. I didn't think about stropping until after the shave. I saw it talked about online and ended up in this thread. So, it is hand stropped and ready to go. I'm actually sort of glad I didn't hand strop for the first shave so as to have something to compare it to.

For tomorrow I'm toying with the idea of using my Brooklyn Ever-Ready for the second shave??

Top Bottom