What's new

Hand lotion

This time of year, with colder weather and heating, my hands get dry and slightly sore. What's best for hands. I was wondering if trumpers skin food would be good? Any ideas?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
44F63D58-9E78-4D72-B099-29B581F10E25.jpeg
CBD625AA-FA37-43ED-936E-DB6E0B8B6661.jpeg

This is what I use on my hands. It is quite cheap out here in Australia. I am not sure where you are from but it may pay to get yourself a more expensive hand lotion/cream if your hands are really suffering. Vaseline Intensive Care make pretty good hand creams.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
B43B9B59-9B4F-4CFB-B281-5D47480CD0FF.jpeg

The best IMO. But I don’t use it often at all because I’m a sissy and colder weather means I stay inside. My hands don’t need it. But I’ve tried a lot of lotions and I like this one the best.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have used different lotions over the years and with reasonable results.
I have changed my skin lotion just recently and have been Using CeraVe moisturizing lotion with 3 ceramides and Hyaluronic acid. Really good stuff and scentless and reasonable priced, apply some in the morning and for sure just before bed time to let it do its thing of hydrating the dried out skin in the winter months. Excellent lotion (balm) IMO!
SOTD,  Sep 19th 2021 (2).jpg

Work outside in NEPA so deal with all types of weather. Used common store hand creams and even lac-hydrin 5. A few years back a local small company had a booth at a craft fair, so decided to roll the dice. It is the best hand lotion/ salve I ever used. No more split cracked bleeding hands. They even have an after sun spray that is life changing.
652D882F-391C-4AA9-B30C-64BB0C67B8F3.jpeg

Work outside in NEPA so deal with all types of weather. Used common store hand creams and even lac-hydrin 5. A few years back a local small company had a booth at a craft fair, so decided to roll the dice. It is the best hand lotion/ salve I ever used. No more split cracked bleeding hands. They even have an after sun spray that is life changing. View attachment 1371928
Can I find that in the Kingston or WB area? I use o'keeffe's and Weleda skin food, they work well but I'm always looking for something better.

Attachments

• 20211203_072657.jpg
    20211203_072657.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 6
I have changed my skin lotion just recently and have been Using CeraVe moisturizing lotion with 3 ceramides and Hyaluronic acid. Really good stuff and scentless and reasonable priced, apply some in the morning and for sure just before bed time to let it do its thing of hydrating the dried out skin in the winter months. Excellent lotion (balm) IMO!
View attachment 1371849
CeraVe moisturizing lotion with 3 ceramides and Hyaluronic acid.

+1

This is great stuff. I use on my face occasionally too.

A little goes a long way.

I have 3 different products I use on my hands.

Neutrogena Norwegian hand cream. I use a match head size a couple times a day. A little really goes a long way.

Cerave moisturizing cream is my after shave moisturizer and by default gets rubbed into my hands.

A couple times a week I work a trace amount of lanolin into my cuticles at night.

I’ve found what I use is far less important than how often I use it. Just a dab multiple times a day trumps the latest and greatest once a day.

Trumpers would be a pretty expensive solution. Phil's suggestion of Cornhuskers is great, as is Jason's suggestion for O'Keefe's Working Hands; you just need a tiny dab of the O'Keefe's to get the job done.

Working in the printing industry, my hands go through a major dry-out about two times a year. Both Cornhuskers and O'Keefe's work well for getting me through.

View attachment 1371849
Same brand here, but I use the SA Cream. This stuff works wonders.

20211207_183740.jpg

When my hands get dry and rough in the winter, before I go to bed I cover them with Vasoline and put on a pair of rubber gloves and leave the gloves on for the night. Don't have to do this too often. Keeps my hands in good shape for a while.

There are tons of options for sure.
It's spendy, but not too bad when on sale - but I really like Brickell Maximum Strength hand cream.
Clean ingredients (natural, many organic) compared to many other products.
A little goes a long way.

For those recommending Corn Huskers, how does it work on your arms and legs? As my youth has long since passed me by, I have noticed that my skin is dry and sometimes itchy, so I am looking for something without a lot of chemicals to use!!!

Tom

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I think that most skin lotions would work great on the skin, they are all for moisturizing anyways. Its just that some are more greasy then other's, and some are more moisturizing then others, and some last longer then others. Plus, some lotians have no scent, while most of them do. Most lotions do have flowery scents though.

However, you will find some lotions that have citrus scents or strawberry scents which are nice. If your looking for the best scent ever lotion that isn't greasy, but lasts a long time on your skin, you could try, Bath & Body Works Strawberry Pound Cake. Its literally the only female lotion that I can actually stand. But if your a dude, and are overly conscious about the scent around others, you could follow it up with splash of cologne or aftershave.

Try to stay away from super cheap lotions from brands like Suave though. They have an cheap overly flowery scents, and they are greasy, and they don't last that long on the skin for moisturizing. I realize some recommend 100% raw shea butter, but make sure you buy it in store. I bought some recently from Amazon, and the seal was not completely down, product went bad, leaking oil, separation, and smelled awful!

Top Bottom