What's new

Hand Cream

Gents, during the winter months my hands get real dry. I wash my hands periodically throughout the day which does not help. Anyway I usually use Jack Black Hand Healer which helps. Nevertheless, the cost of the 3oz tube is about $11. Not very cost effective.

I was at Target about a month ago and noticed that they carried "The Apothecary" brand. I picked up an 8oz jar of Lemon Verbena Hand & Nail Cream. The cost was about $6. I started using it and I must say that I am impressed with this cream. The cream is dense and the scent reminds me of fruit loops. Don't get me wrong I like fruit loops.

The cream is readily absorbed by the skin. I love this scent. I do not find this cream greasy or oily. As much as I wash my hands, I still have to reapply but not as often as Jack Black.

Pick up a jar and I bet you will be impressed.

I forgot to add that this cream has Shea Butter and Vitamins A&E.

Andrew,

I'll have to pick some up for a test run. It is certainly attractively packaged. I'll see how it stacks up to my Corn Huskers Lotion.

Randy

Thanks for the tip. My hands are a disaster and the L'occitane cream is pricey! I will be getting some of this next time at Le'target.

Scotto got me hooked on the Nancy Boy Lemon Grass hand cream.

I have a TON of the Neutorgena stuff laying around now because I just get intoxicated with how strong the lemon grass scent is when you use this stuff. The cream absorbs so fast - but the scent stays for a while.

roughrider said:
I was at Target today and couldn't find any. What department/section are they located at?

I found it in the cosmetics section not the lotion section.

I picked up a bottle of ABRA body lotion in the green tea scent and it works very well for not only the body but hands and cuticle's. Its organic wich I like and has a pleasant scent, absorbs very quickly with no need to reaply until bed time. I beleive I paid a little over $10 for 16oz so its very cost effective.

gage0921 said:
I picked up a bottle of ABRA body lotion in the green tea scent and it works very well for not only the body but hands and cuticle's. Its organic wich I like and has a pleasant scent, absorbs very quickly with no need to reaply until bed time. I beleive I paid a little over $10 for 16oz so its very cost effective.

Sean,

Glad to see ya back!

Randy

I tried the Nancy Boy hand cream, didn't like their signature fragrance but I do like the Sweetgrass scent. I've been using this stuff for a couple of weeks now and it's REAL good.

Cliff

Randy & Richard

Thank you and yes I was gone right under a month and had the oppurtunity to ride out the blizzard of 06.........crazy stuff!!!!!

I'm a big fan of the Jack Black hand lotion. Very tolerable, barely noticeable smell, no greasy kid stuff on the hands, don't need a lot either.

Best of the best of the best.... lotil
proxy.php

rtaylor61 said:
Joel,

Have you tried their foot products?

Randy

No I have not.... but throw the name in google.... you'll quickly find it is just about the most world renouned moisturizer brand out there.... by far the best in my opinion. I have literally boxes of stuff I have tried just "sitting around" because it is crap in comparison.

joel said:
No I have not.... but throw the name in google.... you'll quickly find it is just about the most world renouned moisturizer brand out there.... by far the best in my opinion. I have literally boxes of stuff I have tried just "sitting around" because it is crap in comparison.

Thanks, Joel. Caswell-Massey had their Lotil Foot Peppermint Cream on sale for half price, and when I remembered to order...it was too late. Currently I'm using Lactinol E, which is a Rx, and even with insurance, expensive. I would like to find something cheaper...maybe even at full price it will be worth it. I'll give it a go.

Randy

Top Bottom