What's new

Hampton Roads Virginia DE Shopping

I guess someone was doing their homework and PM me with some request for local supplies. I happily replied and then I thought, maybe we should share the info with everyone, especially newbies like me that made a lot of calls and cold visits to try and find some supplies.

Hopefully this will save some people some time and gas. Also, please chime in if you know of additional areas to get some supplies from.

Crabtree & Evelyn
in the Williamsburg Mall Outlets has some shaving creams and soaps, some brushes and some Mach 3 sets. They are more or less a clearance store and their inventory fluctuates b/c the sell the residual inventory from stores that went out of business.

Bath & Body
in the Williamsburg Mall Outlets and Patrick Henry Mall has the supply of my everyday shaving cream CO Bigelow (Proraso)

Health Trail
10848 Warwick Blvd. Newport News, carries Kiss My Face products, I love to add some unscented KMF shaving cream to whatever I use.

Bed & Bath
Patrick Henry Mall area next to Target, they carry some Wilkinson razor blades. Everywhere else has junk stuff to me and only Wilkinson's, in my opinion is equal to a Derby (my favorite)

The German Store
1900 George Washington Me #a-B, Yorktown, VA‎ - (757) 591-1001‎ also known as Hwy 17 not far from the Walmart. They carry Nivea Shaving cream, the German version. It is really good, I use it about 4 or so times a month, perhaps it is my second most used cream.

Norva Barber Supply
7629 Chesapeake Blvd, Norfolk, VA‎ - (757) 583-7669‎, they carry a lot of Lucky Tiger stuff, less expensive Badger Brushes, some junk razor blades, they have a Merkur 23C that they carry, Alum blocks (this is my main supplier of Alum), and some other Barber supply stuff. They will sell to anyone and you can walk in.

That's my main stops for DE stuff. If you have any more to add please do so.

G

gone down south

I lived in Norfolk for 4 years, and I can confirm that you've covered the territory pretty thoroughly with that list - and you're being pretty generous including Williamsburg and Yorktown under Hampton Roads ;) Norva Barber is pretty much the only B+M store for razors and blades.

BTW, there are Crabtree+Evelyn/Body Shop/Bath+Body Works in most malls, not just the ones you listed. There's also your usual assortment of Sally's and similar stores scattered around.

Top Bottom