What's new

Halloween - Moved to ??? How About April

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I read an item that said some folks have started a petition of some sorts to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October? While I see the advantage to certain commercial interests (one candy bar manufacturing concern is offering free crap) one needs to ask why? Since it is, besides an opportunity for a candy company to make money, the Eve of All Hallow's Day, does that need to be changed also? ..

Why? Communities can designate other trick or treating days already, sorry,

But, here's an idea, make it a week after Easter, so those who haven't eaten the easter basket up can off-load the remainder .

Might require an adjustment of the Christian Calendar in either case ..

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have not heard of this. Ive been too busy wrestling with life's more major dilemmas like what razor or aftershave i need to buy next

I want a trick or treat night for wetshavers . . . we can go from house to house, and people can hand out blade samples, soaps, etc.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Why don't we take all our statutory holidays in the year and put them all in the last two weeks of July, so everybody gets those two weeks off, and just shuts up and work for the rest of the year?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Why don't we take all our statutory holidays in the year and put them all in the last two weeks of July, so everybody gets those two weeks off, and just shuts up and work for the rest of the year?

I'd vote for this if I wasn't retired. If everybody was off work the same two weeks the popular spots might get pretty crowded. Like Michigan Campgrounds used to when all the automakers took the same two weeks for summer shutdown ..

And I did spend too much time yesterday trolling the dreck that passes for news, as my 7 AM surgery didn't happen until after 1 pm, with the time ill-spent on the cellphone.

Top Bottom