What's new

Halloween Contest

dealing-with-trick-or-treaters-halloween-Thinkstock-477354108.jpg

We have waited for the big day and wanted to hear from each of you your favorite Halloween memory. This can be from your childhood or even today. What do you do when the kiddos show up at your door asking for candy? How do you decorate for the holiday? What about that Halloween party for adults - tell us the craziest costume you have seen.

There will be three winners drawn by random.org. Each will receive a full size bottle of our newest release: Aftershave - Nor'easter — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all/north-zhfdw

Due to shipping regulations this is CONUS only please. We will let it run a few days and then the winners will be drawn and announced. Good luck to each one of you!

11445_026_Tif-1.jpg

My favorite Halloween memories always involve taking my kids trick or treating. I miss having young ones. They had such excitement. Now the youngest is in his senior year, and is making me proud.

I am in, by the way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm in.

My favorite Halloween memory was taking my son out for his first trick or treat experience a few years back. I remember how much I loved going out on Halloween night as a child, but getting to experience it through my son's eyes was a game-changer. It was like experiencing Halloween for the first time, It has become our little tradition every year on Halloween, I take off from work and pick him up at school, we end up making homemade pizza and get ready for the big night. This year was great and he ended up with a bag of treats almost as big as him.

I'm in.

So, our block is nuts. Today we handed out 787 pieces of candy (1 per kid). My favorite memory though was being a kid in middle school and the neighbors that knew us would always get us a really nice big bar of chocolate since we lived on the block. I was sad to see them move away, but we try to carry on the tradition here and have big bars for the kids that actually live on the block!

I am in.
My favorite memory is really when my kids were little and the joy they just could not wait for that night every year.
Such great memories.

I'm in...

Long time ago now, but I was in 3rd grade and was dressed as a doctor. Me and my buddies were running from one yard to the next and all of my friends were just behind me (I thought I was fast). I saw a little creek running through the yard and jumped over it, but what I didn't see was the wire fence running above. It flipped me square on my shoulder/neck. When I stood up my friends were all laughing at me. What they didn't know i was in so much pain I could not breath or worse yet, move my arm. I ran home without my bag of candy and off to the hospital I went.

Needless to say, the good people in the hospital couldn't help but laugh at my predicament being a doctor on Halloween and showing up at the Emergency room. I had been there twice in the past year, both bike accidents, so they knew me well. Turns out I broke my collar bone, SNAP. I had to wear a brace for 2 months right up to Christmas. If you have ever broken your collar bone, you know it is one of the most painful experiences. The pain was 2nd to knowing I had no candy on Halloween.

That Halloween in 3rd grade turned out better than I could have imagined. The day after, I had friends, classmates and neighbors coming by the house with bags of candy to make me feel better. I never had such a haul on Halloween.

My favorite memories are of taking my little girls house to house... It is a holiday for the kids, after all. Though my youngest is still in the age range for this, I can feel it slipping as my eldest has stopped being interested (high schooler).

The costumes you see through the neighborhood are always an added perk. This year we were surprised to see a kid in a huge inflatable dinosaur costume. Thing has to be 2-3 foot taller than he is. Just watching him navigate down the road was laugh inducing. Lol.

I'm in, thank you for the wonderful PIF. 🙂

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I am in. If it doesnt work for me, it will go to my BIL as a gift.

I remember we used to travel 3 miles across town because the candy was "better" over there. We grabbed our pillow cases and hauled tail. We used to get many things I just dont see given out anymore: candy bars, soda cans, candy apples, etc. We ate so much candy on the walk back we would be sick by the time we reached the house. Good times! No parents and lots of candy!

Warm regards

I am in, your products have always been very kind to my face. I have many favorite Halloween memories. One of my childhood favorites was a costume my mother made for me: the headless horseman of Sleepy Hollow. With a horse made from a spray painted cardboard box, newspaper stuffed into one of my dad's coat shoulders so it would rest on my head and look like I was headless, I thought I looked cool. As a dad, I have tons of great memories taking my girls trick-or-treating, sometimes even dressing up myself. One year we all went trick or treating then we went to pick up a pizza I had ordered. I went up to pick up my pizza and said "I have a pizza for Wolf," which is my last name. The staff all started laughing because that year I had dressed up as a werewolf. Didn't even cross my mind.

Traditionally my wife stayed at home to give out candy and I took the girls on the rounds around the neighborhood. Our neighborhood has gotten a bit gray since those days and the kids are few and far between. This year we didn't even stay at home. For me, the best halloween is homemade. My youngest daughter is the halloween hostess with the mostes' and has had her friends over many times when she still lived at home and fixed lots of cool halloween treats.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'm not in as I'm on restraint this month. I'll share a memory though.

I remember my friends and I would all wear roller skates when trick or treating. We figured the extra speed of skates allowed us to visit more houses and therefore get more candy...I ended up getting three pillowcases full the first year we did that. I was eating candy well into January.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I cannot in good conscience be in; the guys here on B&B take too good a care of me in the PIF department. Somebody else needs to win!

Most of my Halloween memories suck as a kid! I felt like Charlie Brown! I was always freezing cold. Yes, I'm whining, lol.

When my son came along, all that changed. His first Halloween he was still portable, we carried him around. His Grandma turned him into a lion. For several years he was a shepherd. I still have hopes he'll turn into a youth pastor!

Thanks for the great PIF, Cappy, and good luck to all of you dudes! You guys have no idea how much you bless me.

Dave

I cannot in good conscience be in; the guys here on B&B take too good a care of me in the PIF department. Somebody else needs to win!

Most of my Halloween memories suck as a kid! I felt like Charlie Brown! I was always freezing cold. Yes, I'm whining, lol.

When my son came along, all that changed. His first Halloween he was still portable, we carried him around. His Grandma turned him into a lion. For several years he was a shepherd. I still have hopes he'll turn into a youth pastor!

Thanks for the great PIF, Cappy, and good luck to all of you dudes! You guys have no idea how much you bless me.

Dave
C'mon Dave reconsider... If for no other reason than to give yourself a non-Charlie Brown Halloween... Or maybe to stir up memories, as mentholated AS itself is infact freezing cold. [emoji1787]

FarmerTan

C'mon Dave reconsider... If for no other reason than to give yourself a non-Charlie Brown Halloween... Or maybe to stir up memories, as mentholated AS itself is infact freezing cold. [emoji1787]
You, my good man, are an enabler, of the highest order! But alas, as @KeenDogg knows too well, I would end up winning this awesome PIF and losing the Dawg as one of my few friends left on here, lol!

No, someone needs to win this that would appreciate it more. This vendor is a great dude, thanks for doing it @Captain Pre-Capsize !!!

FarmerTan

I would love if you won! 🤣
I don't have any idea why I pick on you so much! Your old avatar is the only thing I can think of. I guess I figure Jimmy Stewart is not going to punch me in the nose.... tho I guess he did get in a bar brawl in "It's a Wonderful Life"..... I just seem to win every PIF out there, so I heard a rumor that I may be banned if I win another. Time for me to buy a Lotto ticket!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I don't have any idea why I pick on you so much! Your old avatar is the only thing I can think of. I guess I figure Jimmy Stewart is not going to punch me in the nose.... tho I guess he did get in a bar brawl in "It's a Wonderful Life"..... I just seem to win every PIF out there, so I heard a rumor that I may be banned if I win another. Time for me to buy a Lotto ticket!
I enjoy it! In all seriousness, Jimmy Stewart was a BA.

Get two tickets! That way you can win twice!

Not in but once again, the Captain is incredibly generous!
Halloween was always cold in Canada, but I remember doing trick or treat in a snow storm! Not very many kids out that night & the candy choice was outstanding. Sure beat a pillow case full of apples!

Well. There was the time we egged the Police Chief's brand new Chevrolet patrol car. Understandably he was miffed. I found out many years later that it was hell around the police station for months afterward seeing as my reckless friends and I never were caught. But yes, I'm in

I'm in.

When I was a kid, I always made my own costumes. I recall a time when I was maybe 9-10 years old. I made a robot costume which entailed gluing a bucket upside-down on a cardboard box with armholes. The bucket was, of course, the head, the box the body. Underneath, I wore a silver colored sauna suit from a clearance discount store called 'Comb'.

I couldn't breathe AT ALL. Even though I had a substantial slit cutout for the eyes, it was just stifling. And smelled like paint fumes since I had painted the box and bucket with silver spray paint only a couple days prior.

I ended up tearing the bucket off. So I was left with a silver cardboard box with arm holes as my costume. But what the heck. I was 10 and it was all about the candy anyway. Lesson learned!

I'm in, and thanks again for such a great PIF!

One of the first Halloweens in our house as new homeowners, I decided I wanted to be "that guy" who went all-out for Halloween.
I downloaded a TON of sound bytes, thunder, lightning, the works. I used a program called Audacity to blend it all together and split it into multiple channels going to either speakers, or a lightning box connected to high wattage photo flash bulbs.
I even put a delay between the thunder sounds and when the lightning flashed!
Made a rickety fence lining my front yard with 1x2's and some old wooden lath. Add some Styrofoam tombstones, and it was set!
Didn't have many trick or treaters at first that year, but a LOT of parents coming up to the door on behalf of their kids because they were too spooked to come up lol.
Probably the best compliment I couldve gotten!
I knew I'd never be able to top it, so I have been low-key ever since on Halloween. Every year, some neighbors try to get me to do it again, but I kinda like the legendary status that appears to have been built up over the years.

Top Bottom