What's new

Halloween Can't Be Far Behind

$HalloweenFood.jpg

They changed the recipe for the monster cereals. It's vile! They're no longer made from oats. Now, like everything else disgusting, they're made from Soylent Corn.

Oh think Halloween is over it must be Because two of the stores I shop at have Christmas cookies and cakes.
$christmass.jpg

For those who haven't seen the movie...

Soylent is my catch all name for all big corporate, genetically modified food companies. Today, the main foods are corn, soy, and palm. So many cakes & cookies and now cereals have been ruined by replacing sugar, wheat flour, and butter with corn syrup, corn flour, & palm oil. It's all leading up to Soylent Green.

Soylent is my catch all name for all big corporate, genetically modified food companies. Today, the main foods are corn, soy, and palm. So many cakes & cookies and now cereals have been ruined by replacing sugar, wheat flour, and butter with corn syrup, corn flour, & palm oil. It's all leading up to Soylent Green.

It's so funny (reminds me of Woody Allen's Sleeper) but these days I regularly hear "but refined sugar is soooo much better for you." All those things, like margarine, that were supposed to improve our diets, now are the things that are slowly killing us. I haven't eaten those types of cereal since I was in college. Pretty much oatmeal or eggs for breakfast anymore.

believe it or not, there IS a product out there called Soylent. Its supposedly some sort of soy based nutritional supplement or something. It keeps popping up on my Facebook suggested posts. All of the comments are people saying "its people!!!!!"

https://www.soylent.com

believe it or not, there IS a product out there called Soylent. Its supposedly some sort of soy based nutritional supplement or something. It keeps popping up on my Facebook suggested posts. All of the comments are people saying "its people!!!!!"

When I first threw my back out in 1997, my doctor proscribed me Soma as a muscle relaxer. I thought it was weird that a drug maker would use a name that was also the name of the opiate populace-control drug from Brave New World.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I first threw my back out in 1997, my doctor proscribed me Soma as a muscle relaxer. I thought it was weird that a drug maker would use a name that was also the name of the opiate populace-control drug from Brave New World.

It probably wasn't a mistake, either.

Corn, soy, and palm oil are also destroying the environment and pulling nutrients from the soil (due to monoculture planting). I try to avoid when possible.

All part of the plan. The more they don't grow, the more they get from the government for not growing it.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BubblesTGB

Nothing like some GMOs to go with your styrofoam marshmallows.
What are GMOs?

Abbreviations should be outlawed.

It's sad that the world is becoming a place where I can take my food and stick it in my walls for insulation.

Top Bottom