What's new

HAIRY DEAL: Try Our Hair Recommender Tool

Hey Gents,

We know you all are keeping your facial hair in shape so why not translate that to your actual hair up top? If you’re not sure which styling aid you should use for your hair type, try our Hair Recommender Tool. Takes 10 seconds and with our newsletter you’ll get 10% off the styling aid of your choice.

$HairStylingAidNewsletter.png

The hair recommender tool is nice but I also wish that it had a hair shininess filter. A friend introduced me to pomades recently after using gel my whole life, and I'm still looking for something that goes in easily with good hold and a matte finish. Looks like your site offers some new products for me to try that I haven't seen elsewhere before.

Hi [MENTION=111182]Demidog[/MENTION],

Thanks for the comment. We totally understand as amount of shine is an important factor in determining which product will best suit your style. I can actually give you some recommendations myself as I know the products in and out. It sounds like you are looking for something similar to Grooming Lounge Some Hair Stuff or the Baxter of California Clay Pomade. Both leave a matte finish and provide some pretty good hold (I actually use Some Hair Stuff regularly).

Alternatively, if you head over to our Styling Aids category page, you can look down the left-hand side at the characteristics of the products and select Low Shine or Matte Finish and it will show you all the products for the respective shine level. Let me know if you have any questions about any specific products or best ways to use them--I got your back!

As soon as I find something that works like a clay and is free of parabens or phenoxyethanol, I'll be all over it. I do appreciate that unlike the majority of hair product retailers, you actually list the entire ingredient list for many of the products you sell.

Actually, the Baxter of California Clay Pomade seems to fit the bill, and EWG gives it a Low Hazard Score. I may be ordering some soon.

Thanks for the links and for the suggestions. Hair Stuff sounds pretty good and mostly what I am looking for - matte finish and goes in easy. I was thinking of also checking out styling clay eventually so Baxter is on my list of things to try. I overlooked the matte finish category when I checked out the site the first time but I see it now. Thanks again for your help.

[MENTION=97351]ciderguy[/MENTION],

We try to list ingredients on all of our products but unfortunately, some brands don't provide them to us... The Baxter Clay Pomade is an excellent product and it performs very nicely. Check out the different options we have and if you have any other questions regarding our styling aids (or anything else), feel free to shoot--I can certainly help.
[MENTION=111182]Demidog[/MENTION],

The Some Hair Stuff is definitely a top GL solution and is very highly rated. I highly recommend it and whenever I have an extra tin lying around I give it to a friend, they always are thrilled with it. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions regarding our products, I'm definitely an expert on all of our offerings.

[MENTION=92639]jkf69[/MENTION],

We'd love to see you on the site! We have a ton of different solutions for all different kinds of problems relating to anything men's grooming. If you have any kind of questions regarding products or what may work best for you, definitely let me know and I can certainly get you going in the right direction. All you have to do is let me know.

Top Bottom