What's new

Haircut & Shaving Ti Coated SS NO75

Just received the Ti coated NO75 today. I’m going to give it a run tonight. Here is a pic of it with my Gold Gillette Toggle, Charcoal Goods Brass & Copper razors to give some perspective of its color.
87DF31A5-CDAF-493A-80D6-4BE852661C99.jpeg

First shave tonight with the Ti coated SS NO75. Felt nearly identical to my high polished NO75 but with a little more glide. Looks really cool on my razor rack. I need a few shaves with it to give a good review but first impressions are very good.
View attachment 1131460

This razor not only looks great but from your report it sounds like a winner!

Did you find it even smoother than the high polish NO75? Does the titanium coating make the razor feel like t was made of solid titanium in the sense of its smoothness and face feel?

I am curious as to how you would compare its smoothness and efficiency with a 2020 paradigm diamondback ?

That's a beautiful razor. I didn't expect to see titanium in a gold color. I read a little after seeing your post & learned the plating color can be tinted to achieve whatever color is desired.

That was my concern but Aji is planning to release a fully titanium model next year, with a new handle style (shorter and slimmer).
I assume the new handle will be available on other models as he has done in the past?

Aji needs to put out his own press releases. Not a fan of the slow drip via forums.

how durable is a Ti coating long term?
I asked Aji about the Ti coating and here was his response
The N075 coated Titanium has a lower friction and little more glide than the SS N075, creating outstanding sliding wear performance. Produced by proprietary physical vapor deposition process in a vacuum chamber.

Uniform coating with no buildup on edges unlike electroplating process. Environmentally friendly process and alternative to plating technology.

Inert and stable material, harder than carbide, 3X harder than hard chrome. Highly inert to acids, bases, solvents, caustic, etc.

Non toxic and FDA compliant for medical surgical devices, and food processing equipment.

This razor not only looks great but from your report it sounds like a winner!

Did you find it even smoother than the high polish NO75? Does the titanium coating make the razor feel like t was made of solid titanium in the sense of its smoothness and face feel?

I am curious as to how you would compare its smoothness and efficiency with a 2020 paradigm diamondback ?
It had better glide than my high polished NO75. It did not have that soft feel of a full Ti razor. I will try to do a side by side with it against my Diamondback when I can and let you know.

That's titanium nitride if you want to research it. It's commonly used as a tool coating, you see it on drill bits a lot. And, yes, it's hard as ****.

It had better glide than my high polished NO75. It did not have that soft feel of a full Ti razor. I will try to do a side by side with it against my Diamondback when I can and let you know.

Thanks Shavemd. The diamondback seems to be well thought up as a smooth cum efficient razor so that would be a good comparison to judge this razor by.

Top Bottom