What's new

Haircut & Shave Co. SS N075

I hope it is not an issue that I am resurrecting this thread but I would like to ask if the NO75 all stainless steel razor that is advertised on H & S website as having "machined vibro finish" means the same kind of mirror finish that some of you have been mentioning as being applicable to a limited edition NO75 last year? I was impressed with the photos of a mirror finished NO75 next to a wolfman that is regarded aa being the industry standard for fit and finish in respect of razors but I am uncertain if the current production NO75 has the same mirror finish or some other kind of lesser level of polishing.
I have the "machined vibro" one. While it is most definitely not a mirror finish, the fit and finish are excellent as is the shave.

My polished N075 purchased in January 2020 was priced $220, but actual acquisition cost with sales tax (yes, I was charged this at least) & shipping, was $238 + change.

FWIW, I received the newly released Al harcoat base plate a couple days ago and used it for the first time this morning. Veyr nice; I like the softer face feel of the anodized/coated aluminum. I'll probably be selling the SS base plate & stock handle as they'll just be residing in a drawer, unused.

Reviving thread because I received my NO75 - both the SS and alum bases - and am about to use it. Curious if others who have posted here continue to use it and also to ask (1) which base(s) and (2) a question previously asked: what blades do you use? It came with Nacets. Oh, and here's mine today out of the nice little carrying case.....:
2020-10-14 12.34.14.jpeg
2020-10-14 12.40.44.jpeg

I have now shaved with my new (electropolished) N075 6 times. I have used 3 different blades. And there are some things I'd like to share.

I am someone whose face seems to prefer a shallow angle. When I shave, I usually listen to the razor's mowing noise and pay attention to the feel and adjust my angle to get the best sound and feel. With this razor, this is EXTREMELY tricky because it doesn't behave like any of my other razors.

The end result, no matter how I shave, is always excellent, so no issues there. But the sound effect makes it seem like this razor wants to be used at a steeper angle. The result is a shave that is surprisingly blade-forward, tuggy, and loud (yet somewhat surprisingly inefficient). So today, I went intentionally shallow and rode the cap. Not only did the tugginess disappear during the shave, the efficiency improved despite less blade feel and less sound. Highly counterintuitive.

The other thing I had major issues with the first few shaves was the VERY long stock handle it comes with. It is so long and so heavy that it is difficult to let the razor head do its thing and use only the razor weight without pressure. And in gripping down substantially, it is easy to lose control and cut yourself. So I have ditched the stock handle and now use a Razorock HD handle which is 82mm and it is a MASSIVE improvement in the shave experience and final result (and it looks better IMO). Thankfully the HD handle from RR has a near perfectly matching finish, so it doesn't look weird or Frankenrazor-esque.

This razor is a keeper for me, but I will never use it on the H&S handle again. If you've been having trouble with this razor, use a shorter handle and go shallow. I think it could really help.

This razor is a keeper for me, but I will never use it on the H&S handle again. If you've been having trouble with this razor, use a shorter handle and go shallow. I think it could really help.

FWIW, when I had the N075, I likewise could not use it with a longer handle (especially the stock one). I used a 85mm handle made by Stork with my N075 head.

proxy.php

I wound up selling that razor piece by piece (seriously, handle, base plate & top cap were sold to different buyers over the span of about 7 months). I just wanted to keep trying stuff and I didn't want to wind up with a small collection of razors (again); I actually have that Stork handle listed for sale too just to avoid having a stash of handles (again, LOL).

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
FWIW, when I had the N075, I likewise could not use it with a longer handle (especially the stock one). I used a 85mm handle made by Stork with my N075 head.

proxy.php

I wound up selling that razor piece by piece (seriously, handle, base plate & top cap were sold to different buyers over the span of about 7 months). I just wanted to keep trying stuff and I didn't want to wind up with a small collection of razors (again); I actually have that Stork handle listed for sale too just to avoid having a stash of handles (again, LOL).
Like the handle.

Has anyone used the Ti version yet? Not sure I would be comfortable swinging that price tag, but curious nonetheless.
There's a post from Gus, aka @GlazedBoker, over in the SS Lupo thread and he has it listed in it... It falls in his top 5 at #2 right behind the Ti Timeless .95

I received a N075 razor late last week and have a few shaves with it so far. I have to say, I think it lives up to the hype of being comfortable yet extremely efficient. Very intuitive shave angle as well. I prefer shorter handles so I paired it with my CG Maze (72mm) and it has been working out great for me. I shave daily and have a pretty coarse beard and sensitive skin, this is already among my favorites as a daily driver (along with the Timeless .68OC and GC 68OC).

Top Bottom