What's new

Haircut & Shave Co. H&S Copper P076

I've had the pleasure of using this razor for two shaves now. Here are my thoughts, to date:

Shave 1:
I had my first shave with it today. A brief review, it's amazing! Smooth, efficient, & provided me with a spectacular two-pass shave. I'll be more detailed with future write-ups after I use it a few times. And the Ethos soap, it's the best soap available, anywhere, for any price, bar none.
IMG_4168.jpg

Shave 2:
The look of the copper is very cool. Beautifully produced & made, the attention to detail in the making of it is quite impressive. Fit & finish is superb. The handle is a great fit for the razor & my hand. It balances the head & lets the razor glide over my face. Glide leads to the shave. Put the razor to your face & finding the correct angle is simple & natural. The blade feel is perfect, I know the blade is reducing my beard as it goes, & the small amount of audible feedback enhances the experience. This is the smoothest razor I have used. And it's as efficient as any I've used. I believe I've used all of the H&S razors: NO75 SS & Mixed Metal, PO76 SS, Ti, & Copper. All H&S razors are excellent, my personal preference is for the PO76 SB.

There is one question I can't figure out: Why don't I own a PO76 yet?

I have been a fan of Ethos soap for almost a year. Since discovering Ethos, I have used it for at least 90% of my shaves. It is the best soap I have ever used in terms of scent, latherability, cushion, slickness, residual slickness, & post-shave feel.
IMG_4171.jpg

@dmshaver Wonderful Review, thank you for your shaving experience David with the H&S Copper P076. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I have the 17-4 SB version and its one of my favorite razors. I'm still amazed of how well it shaves, and also love it's mirror polish aesthetics.

It will still be priced in the Wolfman range as the guy thinks his razors are superior in every way!! I'm betting its $350-400 minimum...

i hope he just does a machine finish a charges the same as the NO75 or less. I'm indifferent to polished finishes so can't justify dropping money on the current models.

i hope he just does a machine finish a charges the same as the NO75 or less. I'm indifferent to polished finishes so can't justify dropping money on the current models.
Copper is a pretty soft metal. A high polish would seem impossible to keep nice. Can you see scratches where the razor blade sits yet? Gorgeous piece.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've had the pleasure of using this razor for two shaves now. Here are my thoughts, to date:

Shave 1:
I had my first shave with it today. A brief review, it's amazing! Smooth, efficient, & provided me with a spectacular two-pass shave. I'll be more detailed with future write-ups after I use it a few times. And the Ethos soap, it's the best soap available, anywhere, for any price, bar none.
View attachment 1201478

I read your thread out of an interest in the H&S PO76, but I had to search for your current lineup.

Interesting that you currently prefer the WR2 in a low gap. Interesting on several counts one of which is that I already have a couple of WR2 razors.

Might have saved me some coin.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I read your thread out of an interest in the H&S PO76, but I had to search for your current lineup.

Interesting that you currently prefer the WR2 in a low gap. Interesting on several counts one of which is that I already have a couple of WR2 razors.

Might have saved me some coin.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you for linking my previous comment to your post. After being out-of-sorts with my health for several months, I've started getting back into the pleasant routine of using my more efficient modern razors the past month or two. I've been going thru my razors recently, using each for about 2 weeks exclusively to see what I think of each. I've used the Timeless Ti .95 SB, WR1 .74 SB, & the WR2 1.35 SB, to date. I am moving over to my H&S P076 this weekend to evaluate. I can't comment on which I prefer yet because I haven't given the H&S its fair evaluation. I'll know in a couple of weeks where the H&S P076 fits in compared to my other razors. As of this writing, here are my rankings:

Timeless Ti .95 SB: #1 Smoothness; #3 Efficiency
WR2 1.35 SB: #2 Smoothness; #1 Efficiency
WR1 .74 SB: #3 Smoothness; #2 Efficiency

I have quite a bit I can comment on in terms of how each razor feels & performs, but I'll save that for another post.

The H&S P076 is a very nice razor. I have the titanium open comb version. It is light, nimble, and has the ideal amount of blade feel for me so I can feel its presence yet have no irritation. It is smooth and gentle on my skin and gives nice aural feedback too. The only thing it is lacking for me is a little more efficiency. I get good, comfortable, close shaves with it but it requires a bit more work than with an efficient razor like my Tradere OC, Blackbird or Timeless Slim.

I hear H&S is about to launch a more efficient razor very soon. I think that might be perfection for me.

Thank you for linking my previous comment to your post. After being out-of-sorts with my health for several months, I've started getting back into the pleasant routine of using my more efficient modern razors the past month or two. I've been going thru my razors recently, using each for about 2 weeks exclusively to see what I think of each. I've used the Timeless Ti .95 SB, WR1 .74 SB, & the WR2 1.35 SB, to date. I am moving over to my H&S P076 this weekend to evaluate. I can't comment on which I prefer yet because I haven't given the H&S its fair evaluation. I'll know in a couple of weeks where the H&S P076 fits in compared to my other razors. As of this writing, here are my rankings:

Timeless Ti .95 SB: #1 Smoothness; #3 Efficiency
WR2 1.35 SB: #2 Smoothness; #1 Efficiency
WR1 .74 SB: #3 Smoothness; #2 Efficiency

I have quite a bit I can comment on in terms of how each razor feels & performs, but I'll save that for another post.
Wow, I would agree on all accounts, I would rate my Timeless Ti .95 Oc,
Wr2 1.25/1.45 and Wr1 .80 Dc, H&S p076 17-4

Efficiency: Wr2, .95 Oc=Wr1, p076
Smoothness : .95 Oc, Wr2, p076, Wr1

Thats just my opinion, but I overlooked the .95 Ti Oc Timeless at first and I overlooked it and I had to rebuy it recently. Its that good to my face, I’m surprised that it outperformed the p076. That’s my 2 cents, hopefully this is useful to some.

Top Bottom