What's new

haircut and shave Ti P 076

Just got a Haircut and Shave Ti P076 machined finish razor and have 4 shaves with a Wilkinson blade. It is very impressive, good blade feel, smooth, and very efficient. A special razor. I did not receive either a polishing cloth or the travel case which, based on some reviews, I was expecting to receive. I was wondering if other folks that purchased this razor had the same experience. Considering how great the razor is it is not a big deal.

Just got a Haircut and Shave Ti P076 machined finish razor and have 4 shaves with a Wilkinson blade. It is very impressive, good blade feel, smooth, and very efficient. A special razor. I did not receive either a polishing cloth or the travel case which, based on some reviews, I was expecting to receive. I was wondering if other folks that purchased this razor had the same experience. Considering how great the razor is it is not a big deal.
Can you post a link or a picture? Never heard of it but it sounds good.

The H&S P076 is one of my favourite razors - highly recommended for a medium-high efficiency razor. I totally agree with you that the blade feel is ‘just right’ - enough to give a sense of precision and engagement in the shave, but not at all harsh. It has the most enjoyable blade feel of any razor I’ve used, for my taste. I also love the ultra-slim head, which makes the razor extremely manoeuvrable and adds to the sense that it is a precision instrument.

Like all H&S razors it is absolutely high end in build quality and finishing, but you pay for it if you want the mirror finish. Machined finish is a really competitively priced option, and the light polish option is very good quality. I would say H&S is in the same bracket as Wolfman and Rocnel (and arguably Lambda) as ultra-premium razors.

I have the P076 in titanium with black coating, and in copper. I liked it so much it was worth having the two different materials / weights and I like them equally, though they give a different experience. Also one is open comb and one is solid bar.

I sometimes feel that a little bit more efficiency would be even better, but I can get that if I loosen the handle by 1/8 or 1/6 of a turn (not more than 1/4 turn - that starts to increase the blade feel). That’s a good tip to tweak the razor performance if you want, without losing the wonderful feel the razor has).

I’m not the biggest fan of the new handle designs H&S has changed to. I think the original one (in my pictures below) looks more special and harmonious. My copper has the shorter 80mm ‘bell’ handle and my titanium has the longer 95mm one - which are both the ideal lengths for the different weights of the metals.

415EFC6E-A820-4CE5-8B61-9A038555EE94.jpeg

B9E7E470-93C1-457F-8171-E92E6DD44E8C.jpeg

Last edited:
Bu the way, all the H&S razors I have bought shipped with the hard case and included a polishing cloth and a few nylon washers. Did you buy yours from Haircut & Shave directly? Maybe they have changed this recently but it’s worth you emailing Mo to ask. The hard case is very useful and nice to have - not too big, and it protects the razor perfectly when travelling.

The H&S P076 is one of my favourite razors - highly recommended for a medium-high efficiency razor. I totally agree with you that the blade feel is ‘just right’ - enough to give a sense of precision and engagement in the shave, but not at all harsh. It has the most enjoyable blade feel of any razor I’ve used, for my taste. I also love the ultra-slim head, which makes the razor extremely manoeuvrable and adds to the sense that it is a precision instrument.

Like all H&S razors it is absolutely high end in build quality and finishing, but you pay for it if you want the mirror finish. Machined finish is a really competitively priced option, and the light polish option is very good quality. I would say H&S is in the same bracket as Wolfman and Rocnel (and arguably Lambda) as ultra-premium razors.

I have the P076 in titanium with black coating, and in copper. I liked it so much it was worth having the two different materials / weights and I like them equally, though they give a different experience. Also one is open comb and one is solid bar.

I sometimes feel that a little bit more efficiency would be even better, but I can get that if I loosen the handle by 1/8 or 1/6 of a turn (not more than 1/4 turn - that starts to increase the blade feel). That’s a good tip to tweak the razor performance if you want, without losing the wonderful feel the razor has).

I’m not the biggest fan of the new handle designs H&S has changed to. I think the original one (in my pictures below) looks more special and harmonious. My copper has the shorter 80mm ‘bell’ handle and my titanium has the longer 95mm one - which are both the ideal lengths for the different weights of the metals.

View attachment 1535048

View attachment 1535054
You own all the "good" razors. Lol. 😁

View attachment 1535048

View attachment 1535054

@Jonn Have you sent off an email asking about the polishing cloth or the travel case? What blades brand/s have you used in the H&S Ti P076 razor so far?

You own all the "good" razors. Lol. 😁
why oh why did you have to post a picture of the coper razor? Very nice. This is also the first titanium razor I have used. Can't wait to use the timeless and experience the weight difference.

why oh why did you have to post a picture of the coper razor? Very nice. This is also the first titanium razor I have used. Can't wait to use the timeless and experience the weight difference.
Mr. Shavington posted the pictures of the copper and black coated titanium versions.

@Jonn Have you sent off an email asking about the polishing cloth or the travel case? What blades brand/s have you used in the H&S Ti P076 razor so far?
yes. I just sent the email, no response yet. I have used a German Wilkinson Sword blade four times. Seems to work well in all my razors. I get a bit of irritation on my neck but I get that with all my razors because I am an incompetent overzealous buffer. I probably get more irritation from my milder razors.

Right on! Thanks for sharing.

With the angles involved and all, it's important to pay attention to the actual angle you're taking when moving across the neck. As they say, practice make perfect. Even so, I tend to like to buff when shaving as well. Lol

Can you post a link or a picture? Never heard of it but it sounds good.
If you like blade forward, smooth and efficient you would probably like this razor. Similar to the SS blackbird and Tatara Nodachi. I have never used Ti razor before. This could get expensive quickly

I got a response, indicating that for a couple of reasons, including supply chain issues, they are no longer including a case and a polishing cloth.

I got a response, indicating that for a couple of reasons, including supply chain issues, they are no longer including a case and a polishing cloth.
That’s very useful to know. Thanks for updating here.

I thought it must have been intentional, since you cannot accidentally ship a razor without a case - apart from anything else the razor would rattle around in the box. With the costs of everything going up so much I am not surprised he chose to stop providing the hard case. Otherwise he probably would have to raise the razor prices further, and not everyone values the hard case enough to pay more for their razor. It’s completely understandable.

Would have been much better if they had made all of this clear on their website, though, rather than having customers confused when they receive their shipment.

Anyway, the razor is what matters and I’m really glad you love the P076 so much. I would never part with mine, and there is no higher quality razor maker around today than H&S.

A minor inconvenience. By the way, I have this product called Never Dull wadding, which I have used on my titanium bike. I spent about 10 minutes using it on the handle and the cap and then carefully buffed with a dry cloth. I think it may have made the finish ever so slightly more polished. I am guessing that if I do it 10 - 20 are times it will really brighten up the finish. Do you also have the SS version?

A minor inconvenience. By the way, I have this product called Never Dull wadding, which I have used on my titanium bike. I spent about 10 minutes using it on the handle and the cap and then carefully buffed with a dry cloth. I think it may have made the finish ever so slightly more polished. I am guessing that if I do it 10 - 20 are times it will really brighten up the finish. Do you also have the SS version?
No. I think two is enough. H&S launched the P076 in ultra-hard 17-4 stainless steel, I think, and I heard the high polish finish surpassed even Wolfman, but I don’t think he has offered that for a while and I was too late to the party. Aji polished them himself, I believe, and that would have been many, many hours of work for each one. I did buy the Ti 083 with was a slightly more efficient version of the P076, and that is in light polish titanium. It’s not much different to the P076 but it’s still nice to have a shiny one, though I do really like the smooth face feel the coating gives with the open comb on my black P076.

This thread has inspired me to order the Ti 1.30 “Aggressive” razor from H&S. Will take a while to arrive where I am but I will come back and give my impressions when I have it.

Here’s my Ti 083. I subsequently ordered a longer, all-knurled handle for it since the short 80mm handle made the razor feel too light, to my mind. The 95mm handle feels better, but isn’t as pretty.

CA4D1860-A483-4649-8570-D6EFED6DF6E9.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've used Simichrome to brighten up my Timeless Ti Crown handles... to get them close to the matte finish on several razors. It takes a few times.... let it dry then rub it a "lot" with a micro fiber cloth.

Top Bottom