What's new

Hair Sticking Up!

Hi

A part of my hair has started to 'stick up', as per attached picture, and it's driving me mad.

As I'm housebound (in a wheelchair), I have a Turkish 'old school' barber that I've used since I was a child visit to cut my hair. I'm now 50, so I think it's safe to assume that it's not him, or the way he cuts it. I have it cut every 6 weeks, or so, and have washed it many times since my last cut and it still 'sticks up'

Does any kind soul have any idea(s) as to why this has happened, and any possible solution(s), as it's really starting to annoy me now.

Thank you in advance

Raymond

NB: I don't use a hairdryer as my hair is short and don't care for hair 'products'.

Attachments

• IMAG1445.jpg
    IMAG1445.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's time to object less strenuously to hair products.
D:fi D:Struct Medium Hold Molding Creme would do the job. It's either that or voodoo.

You might try copious amounts of water to see if that would weigh it down enough as it dries.

mm.jpg

My suggestion is to apply 1 large scoop of Murray's Superior pomade to your hair each morning, and comb it in nicely. Believe me; your days of having hair that sticks out will be long gone. We could give you the Elvis look. You'd be rocking with Murray's Superior. Your hair would do well with Murray's Superior or a nice wax pomade like High Life Voodoo Brew I or 2 or High Life Heavy. Reuzel Pink would be nice as well. You'd fall in love with the bubble gum scent of Reuzel Pink. That pomade would go great with your hair. Honestly, I wish I had hair like you. My hair is curly beyond belief, and I can't do anything with it other than cover it with a cap or slather it with heavy hold pomade like Murray's, High Life, Dax or Reuzel. The payoff is I look incredible when I have those pomades in my hair. Your hair is perfect for pomade. We could transform your look completely. Your hair is cool! A lot of people would die for your hair. Another alternative is to go with some Dax Wave and Groom pomade. We could spike your hair completely with Dax. As such, no would notice that you've got one hair sticks up. You've already got a beautiful Valentino side part going to your hair. You just need some nice pomade to slick it out down. Royal Crown Hairdressing would be nice with your hair with Murray's Superior as the base. Your hair would shine and pinned down beautifully. The look would be amazing.

Ah, don't worry about washing the pomade out. It comes out with ease with some Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist conditioner. You can degrease every four or five days, and then load your hair back up with some more Murray's.

Anyway, that's what I would do if I had your hair. You've got the perfect head of hair just waiting for some nice pomade to slick it up.

Murray's for life!!!

Last edited:
Maybe less frequent washing. Grow a bit longer so it has more weight? Have you recently switched to a new shampoo?
dave

Thank you ever so much for all your replies, especially @David157. That's very sweet of you to say and it made me chuckle.

I'll reply to you all, proper, in the next day or two, as, unfortunately, I'm going to be tremendously busy with various projects.

Once again, thank you all, very much, for your replies

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great thread and replies
I loved @David157 reply
Hes clearly the pomade master i enjoy his reviews
Im wondering if the barber is cutting that section a little too short?

Does any kind soul have any idea(s) as to why this has happened, and any possible solution(s), as it's really starting to annoy me now.

I have noticed the same thing, hair sticking up. My whole life I've had thick, manageable hair, but at age 62 I'm getting a cow lick. Asked the gal that cuts my hair. She says it's a result of aging, thinning hair and changing hair patterns. If you don't care for hair products your options are really short hair, or letting it grow longer where the length and weight of the hair keeps it from sticking up.

I've had some success using Original Brylcreem.

With that said, may I have suggestions for water based pomades, or waxes, as opposed to greasy, glossy products (sorry @David157), which I really don't like. Something light and matte, that will hold, similar to the style in this post.
Once again thank you all for your input.

Raymond.

Attachments

• IMAG1456_1.jpg
    IMAG1456_1.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 17

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had some recommendations on b&b that ill pass along because i like them too in terms of water based medium hold pomade (i dont care for hair gel) , try uppercut deluxe or reuzel red can

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Longer might help.

Another couple of things to keep in mind:
1. You don't have to apply gel to your whole head, just the part that sticks up.
2. The drier your hair is at the time of application the less the wet/gel look becomes. If you wait until your hair is mostly dry, only apply a little and then comb it again when it's completely dry it looks very natural.

Thank you, @musicman1951, @David157 , @BigJ @davent, @Rhody, @Dog Whiskerer, @Scoutk21, @Villalobos!

After consideration, I've decided to purchase the Uppercut Deluxe and Reuzel Red pomades, as recommended by @Rhody.

One last thing, if anybody can offer suggestions for good quality combs, that are suitable for side parts and slick backs, I'd be most grateful. I've seen some that have a long, pointed 'spike', just before the teeth, that assists in the parting process.

Raymond

Well, here's a picture using Uppercut's Deluxe Pomade. It actually feels okay, albeit a bit stiff, although I expected that as it advertises a strong hold. I'll try the Reuzel red can, tomorrow.

So, what do you all think? It's pretty much the same as the first picture, except it's not sticking up anymore! Haha... [emoji23]
proxy.php

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ideally, this is what I'd like to aim for. Tom Hardy as Reggie Kray. A classic, slick back, which, incidentally, I had as a child. My late grandfather bought me some Yardley English Lavender Brilliantine. A gorgeous smell, but it was so greasy [emoji23]
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom