What's new

Hair Pomade Question

I am wondering what pomade I should use because my current one is lacking in some areas. My current Pomade is Old Spice Spiffy and I like the scent and low shine properties, but it is lacking the hold. The pomade usually fails around 10am, I usually put it in at 5:30 am. I looked at the Murray's 50/50 and I dont want the shine, just the performance part.

I suggest a clay pomade for low shine & a medium hold. Baxter of California makes an exceptional one. I wouldn't suggest that you should have high expectations in the scent department, however. But a clay type should give you the results you're looking to achieve, mostly.

I agree with dwsteen above. Maybe a clay or a matte paste would be right up your alley! Axe's products also are pretty good if you want to continue sourcing from local stores. I don't use their body spray, but I have a jar of their Clean Cut pomade on hand all the time.

I suggest a clay pomade for low shine & a medium hold. Baxter of California makes an exceptional one. I wouldn't suggest that you should have high expectations in the scent department, however. But a clay type should give you the results you're looking to achieve, mostly.
Thanks
I agree with dwsteen above. Maybe a clay or a matte paste would be right up your alley! Axe's products also are pretty good if you want to continue sourcing from local stores. I don't use their body spray, but I have a jar of their Clean Cut pomade on hand all the time.

I will try the Axe. Their body spray makes me itch to high heavens. Reminds me of the Axe thread in the SBHC Hall of fame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom