What's new

Hair looks thick when dry; thin with Brylcreem applied

I'm not sure what type of reputation Brylcreem has around here, but it's what I've started using. I used to use Groom and Clean, but found that I ran out of it too quickly.

In short, I like the hold and shine that Brylcreem provide, but when I apply it my hair looks noticeably thinner - as in you can see the scalp. I've had this problem with other products, too - even when I used Groom and Clean. Is there something else I should be using in addition to Brylcreem, or am I applying it wrong? I normally make sure my hair is slightly damp, rub a little into the palm of my hand, and apply it. I've tried it with my hair dry, and the result is the same: thin hair.

Brylcreem can make hair look "wet" and thinner when a fair amount is used. If you're not looking for a wet look, consider using a much smaller amount - possibly the size of a small pea. You can always add more. You also might try drying it fully after the product is in. Just a thought.

Brylcreem can make hair look "wet" and thinner when a fair amount is used. If you're not looking for a wet look, consider using a much smaller amount - possibly the size of a small pea. You can always add more. You also might try drying it fully after the product is in. Just a thought.
+1

Try a Vent brush instead of a comb or a millitary brush. THey'll not part the hairs as much, may help.

Try Linetti Brillantine. Much better than Brylcream or anything like that. My hair is avg thickness but I had the same problem if I used too much VO5 hairdressing which is similar to Brylcream. Try Linetti it's better and very little is needed to be used.

Top Bottom