What's new

Hair growth direction in problem area

While preparing for tonight's shave (Night shaver), I noticed that the hair on my neck suddenly changes direction.
From the top of my Adam's apple down the hairs grow SOUTH to NORTH with a slight angle toward my nose.
Above that they are NORTH to SOUTH.
I used my magnifying mirror and I can see it.

So I've been shaving that area ATG all my life.
No wonder it's always red and bumpy there.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

I see another thread about the same subject so I guess I'm not the only one...

I have swirls either side of my adams apple.

Rigid razors and sharp blades make short and comfortable work of BBS'ing them, but even with my best razors, DE and SE, I need to go over them in two directions. Less rigid razor designs, up to 5 different directions to whittle them down or the blade will chatter and I'll have irritation or weepers.

My beard map below.

beard-grain-map-1.jpg

I think most of us have crazy beard growth patterns on the neck area. On some spots of my neck on either side of the Adam's Apple it seems to grow in two different directions at once. I have learned to just sort of feel my way in these difficult areas. I'm not sure if you have seen this thread, but it is very interesting on the subject of shaving the neck.

Join the club! Many of us have problem areas. Mapping your beard was definitely helpful (at least in my case).

My shaves have been getting better and my skin is healing up quite well after figuring out my hair map. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the forum!

I have swirls either side of my adams apple.

Rigid razors and sharp blades make short and comfortable work of BBS'ing them, but even with my best razors, DE and SE, I need to go over them in two directions. Less rigid razor designs, up to 5 different directions to whittle them down or the blade will chatter and I'll have irritation or weepers.

My beard map below.

View attachment 913674
Nice map Mike

Top Bottom