What's new

Had to say goodbye to a friend .

Let me grab a tissue.

It is so hard to lose a pet. I have lost 3 in my young life only 26, and each time it tears me apart. Your Bella sounds like an amazing dog, and you seem like a great owner, my deepest sympathies are with you and your family. Time heals all wounds but you never will forget her.

Dogs are one of a few creatures in this world that are capable of unconditional love and absolute loyalty.

Loosing them is oh so hard.....

Last edited:
I am very sorry . I have lost many dogs . including several Labs, and it never gets any easier , You gave her a wonderful life .. She was a beautiful dog.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Bella. I know you realize that she's in a better place where she is no longer suffering. That was the last loving thing you did for her. I've been where you are before more than I would care to admit.

Years ago I had four cats. I'm a cat person but I love cats & dogs equally. In a period of five years I had to put four of my cats to sleep in a 5 year period. That will always be a rough 5 years of my life. The youngest cat was 10 and the oldest was 17 years old when I had to make this very difficult decision. Each time I had to send my cats to the "Rainbow Bridge" was very emotionally draining. The last time I had to have my younger brother drive me to the vet when they put Evee to sleep. I was in no condition to drive home after the 17 year old cat I had developed cancer for the 3rd time. She had already had 2 operations and wasn't able to tolerate the drugs for another surgery. I cried for 20 minutes with my cat until I was ready to leave.

Losing a pet is a very traumatic situation. We should not minimize the impact this final decision is when that time occurs. Hang in there!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I also am sorry for your loss.

It was a sad day when I lost Duke, then Old Black Joe, then Louie.

My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.
Saying goodbye to a well-loved dog is one of the hard events of life.
Time will heal your hurt. The sweet memories will remain.

I couldn`t get through all of your post without crying to the point I couldn't see the screen anymore. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I don't take death all that well and I know a good bit of it is linked to my service. I have three dogs myself and every now and them a thought creeps into my mind of what it will be like when one of them or all of them are gone. Let me just say, that usually isn't a good day for me. But remember even though your best friend has passed on to a better place, there is still life. There are other friends out there. It won't be the same, it will be different...but it will be good.

Don

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and touching story. I don't tear up over much but when I read something like this I am deeply affected. There are few times in my life that I have openly wept and those have always involved the death of a loved one, be they dog or human.
Thank you, having been "there", I share your pain.

I have had to say goodbye to about 12 pets, dogs and cats, pardon my French, but it hurts like hell EVERY time, just remember the good life you gave them, have 2 cats now and I dread it! But I am giving them all I have now!

I'm sorry for your loss. We're on Golden Retriever #3, and each is more near and dear than the last one. With the passing of each, we swear we won't get another, to avoid the pain of loss.

And each time, when the initial pain passes, we get another, and again experience the pure joy of unconditional love and loyalty that is unique to our canine family members.

You have some great memories to see you through. Treasure that and trust time to heal you.

All the best.

Top Bottom