What's new

Had the 4th shave today and most enjoyable

Don't know why but I really got into the experience today. Still not BBS but on the plus side I didn't cut my chin for the first time.

I snagged some Proraso shaving cream from the local beauty store and man that has a funky smell but I kind of liked it. Certainly has a different consistency on your face than the C&E Sweet Almond Oil.

I've noticed that my whiskers seem to grow differently after shaving with the DE. The best way I can put it is that it's not quite as annoying. My growth used to itch like crazy but I hardly notice it now. Strange.

Also, I love the advice here about not touching your face during the day. That alone was worth the price of admission here. I have zero ingrown hairs now.

This is clearly living at its height. Thanks again for all the help.

I personally think that the itchy growth was because the M3 would do more pulling on my hair than cutting, definately one of the first things I noticed when I switched to DE.

msandoval858 said:
I personally think that the itchy growth was because the M3 would do more pulling on my hair than cutting, definately one of the first things I noticed when I switched to DE.

You might be onto something with regards to the pulling. Whatever it is, it's gone for now and I'm much more comfortable.

What is the advice about not touching your face? I havn't heard that one yet. What is the downside? My wife touches my face all the time.. especially since I started wet shaving.

The no touching was in response to someone who was having problems with ingrown hairs and bumps. I have ingrown hair problems with multi-blades and even electrics. So far now, about a week into the DE thing I've been almost ingrown hair free and no bumps on my neck, pretty stunning stuff.

Hold on now!! I thought the whole purpose of this deal was so that the wife/girlfriend would touch your face even more!! :confused:

Yep... too much of a good thing... ;)

Hey, wwaaaaittt' da' minute.

He did not say that all shaves occured in the same location! We might be dealing with Kyle's long lost twin, separated at birth!

And you're correct about the DE effect. My face is nowhere as itchy as it used to be with the M3.

-joedy

Leisureguy said:
I don't know about you, but for me four shaves a day would be too much. :001_rolle

That would be "I had my 4th shave of the day."

I have to admit, I'm having so much fun shaving now that I wouldn't mind shaving 4 times a day.

Evening Genters (and to my buddy Mike, as well)

Was the no face touching due to the fingers having germs and such, thus further irritating bumps and ingrowns when fellers pick at them or touch them?

proxy.php

I bet he never deals with ingrowns:
proxy.php

I don't know what the thought process was from the original poster but you might be on the right track. I do know that I don't touch my face as much as when I used a multi-blade. I was always scratching at it, even if unconsciously.

I think a quality aftershave also helps with this as well.

jduffy said:
I don't know what the thought process was from the original poster but you might be on the right track. I do know that I don't touch my face as much as when I used a multi-blade. I was always scratching at it, even if unconsciously.

I think a quality aftershave also helps with this as well.
Right on! Some gents claim that an alum block rub after shaving also cuts down on bacterial formation. Who knows? Having suffered with them (ingrowns) in my late 20's, I found that the answer for me was a sharper blade. I shifted from clam shells to obsidian..:blush:

Top Bottom