What's new

Had excellent shave with Bigelow cream but here's the "secret"

In the past I didn't have good luck with creams but here's what I did with Bigelow. Used a little with a porcelain swirled-bottom mug. Went both clockwise and CCW with the brush. Added more cream and went in the 90 and 180 directing across the swirls until the cream was thick and slick. Great cream. One Amazon reviewer preferred it to the Proraso. FYI the water here is hard too. $10 a tube on Amazon.

In the past I didn't have good luck with creams but here's what I did with Bigelow. Used a little with a porcelain swirled-bottom mug. Went both clockwise and CCW with the brush. Added more cream and went in the 90 and 180 directing across the swirls until the cream was thick and slick. Great cream. One Amazon reviewer preferred it to the Proraso. FYI the water here is hard too. $10 a tube on Amazon.
I think the general consensus is that the Bigelow cream is made by Proraso so it should be good. I've used it off and on for years and find it a very nice product.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Agree! The cream is the stick in a tube.

Now if they would just re-issue the puck/jar. With a cork lid!
Dear Steve, in all honesty I still give a slight edge to the stick over the cream. Not huge, but clear for me.

Agreed 100% on the marvellous Maniantales puck!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
No argument @Marco

3FA5D9D3-EFE3-46FB-8D4A-05759F2B4E1E.jpeg

I think the general consensus is that the Bigelow cream is made by Proraso so it should be good. I've used it off and on for years and find it a very nice product.
CO Bigelow is definitely made by Proraso. The tube I have even has "Made for CO Biglow by Proraso" printed right on it. Unusual for them to put it right out there. Hard to beat for $10 though.

Top Bottom