What's new

Had A Little Gathering With Some Friends

Myself and 7 friends had a Bring A Bottle or Two Gathering Last Night.

I sampled each of these.

Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year Old Kentucky Bourbon - paired with a Pappy Van Winkle Cigar
What can I say this is 2nd time I've had the opportunity to do this. It is a match made in heaven.
Jim Beam Distiller's Masterpeice
While the Pappy was king of the event. This was a very very close 2nd. This is nothing like any Jim Beam product that I have ever had! $200 per bottle and worth every penny in our opinion.
George Dickel Reserve 17 Year Old Tennessee Whiskey
The Best Dickel I've ever had. This stuff is awesome! The 1st ever 17 year old Dickel. Only place to get this is at the Distillery. $75 per 375ml. Worth every dollar!
Popcorn Sutton Barrel Finished Moonshine
Barrel finished moonshine??? Yes Sir May I Have Another!! It's corn whiskey but picked up some oak notes. Really Good!
Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel
Best Crown I've ever tasted!
Appleton Estates Aged 21 Years Jamaica Rum
Adding this one to my favorite Rum's list!!
Tim Smith's Climax Fire No. 32 Moonshine
I've like the regular Climax and this stuff is really tasty for a flavored whiskey. Just the right amount of cinnamon!

There was also a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 Single Malt Scotch.
I've had this before so I did not get any last night. This is one of the base scotches for Dewars. I'm no Dewars fan at all but this is a good highland scotch!
Last but not least was some 1792 Bourbon.
Good Bourbon! I've had it before on several occasions so I didn't sample.

$Gathering-Among-Friends-11-11-2016.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps there should be a thread of "gatherings" so that people can post their libations form their get together. What do you gents think?

Top Bottom