What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Was out for dinner date tonight with the girlfriend, and we stopped by a Goorin Bros hat shop to browse around. Ended up picking up this fedora. $IMAG0003.jpg

Looking sharp! My gramps was a hat man first by fashion and later by necessity (thin hair, skin cancer). He had a number of baseball caps for wearing around (mostly for the sport of the season), a junker straw hat for yard work, and a handful of serious men's hats for the occasion: fedora, trilby, and Homburg that I can recall and a LOT more pictures with other great hats from his youth, courtship of my grandma, and early fatherhood. Unfortunately my melon is bigger than his, so the few that remain are still with my pops and not likely to be worn. I don't think my brothers or cousins care about his hats the way my dad and I do.

Looking sharp! My gramps was a hat man first by fashion and later by necessity (thin hair, skin cancer). He had a number of baseball caps for wearing around (mostly for the sport of the season), a junker straw hat for yard work, and a handful of serious men's hats for the occasion: fedora, trilby, and Homburg that I can recall and a LOT more pictures with other great hats from his youth, courtship of my grandma, and early fatherhood. Unfortunately my melon is bigger than his, so the few that remain are still with my pops and not likely to be worn. I don't think my brothers or cousins care about his hats the way my dad and I do.

I've always been more of a baseball cap guy, but have slowly been getting into other types of hats. Different hat for different occasions and different shirts/outfits for me i guess. At least thats my excuse for buying them lolz.

Well I finally got a chance to take some photo's of my super shoe day delivery.

First the Carmina's.

I was looking for a summer show to wear with shorts and no socks and stumbled on this suade loafer. Worn a couple times around the house and just starting to break in. They are quite comfortable and happy with my purchase so far.

$DSC_5036.jpg
$DSC_5037.jpg
$DSC_5038.jpg

Next are my Yanko Cap Toe Full Brogue's in black.

I honestly didn't need another black shoe (have my lobb whole cuts), but couldn't resist the sale price on these. Especially when Ron Rider mentioned he is responsible for distribution in the US and he rates this leather and quality as higher than bench grade stuff coming from northhampton (i.e. C&J's, AS, etc.).
Th
I am thrilled with these and haven't had a chance to wear them, but I can honestly say the construction and quality of leather is better than anything from AE or even Alden in calf.

They are still on sale and a steal at $275 right now (they are sized in US as Ron mentioned he did the conversion for CSC when they got their stock).
http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/sale/final-sale/captoe-brogue.html

I was lucky to snag them when they had their full stock, but I see they only have 2 sizes now. If they are your size and you need a black semi-dress shoe - don't hesitate!!

$DSC_5023.jpg
$DSC_5026.jpg
$DSC_5028.jpg
$DSC_5033.jpg

Last are a pair of Alfred Sargent hand grade Henry's.

I am quickly becoming a huge fan of AS. These are cherry calf with antiqued burnishing on the toes and heels. I just applied some reno, followed by saphir mahogany cream and black saphir cream on toes and heels.

Taking them for their initial wearing tomorrow. Probably my best (and most expensive!) pair to date. Absolutely in love with these!

$DSC_5013.jpg
$DSC_5014.jpg
$DSC_5016.jpg
$DSC_5021.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My first Haberdashery Acquisition post- I am going to try not to make this a habit :001_smile I finally splurged on some good work boots- Redwing 606 six inch boots. I also got the insole for high arches. I love the way these are making my feet feel.

Clarks "Vellum Shore" sandals. After looking at some Teva, Merrel, and other brands of sandals that would have possibly worked, I found these to be the best option. A comfortable fit without being too heavy.
$clark-sandals.jpg

Last are a pair of Alfred Sargent hand grade Henry's.

I am quickly becoming a huge fan of AS. These are cherry calf with antiqued burnishing on the toes and heels. I just applied some reno, followed by saphir mahogany cream and black saphir cream on toes and heels.

Taking them for their initial wearing tomorrow. Probably my best (and most expensive!) pair to date. Absolutely in love with these!

View attachment 355179
View attachment 355180
View attachment 355181
View attachment 355182

Get those some lasted shoe trees!

My bro in law (looks like a 6' 300lb Lou Costello) is gifting me his pork pie hat sis didn't like it on him. I am aware of of the hat being on breaking bad(btw I have not seen). I am not one to wear items that are a fad anybody remember parachute pants? Should I give the hat away via goodwill? Shelve it until this hat craze is over
or just say "f" it and find something to wear it with? any hints as to what to pair it up with?
Cheers.

Thank you gents on your opinions with over 3000 posts between you both I a grateful for your input. Btw boro62 the Goorin Brothers breaking bad pork pie hits the streets tonight.

Business card holder, although currently am waiting for my job to finally supply me with business cards :lol:

lol let me know how many business cards you can squeeze into it. I was tempted to pick one up but was worried that it wouldn't hold enough business cards in it for me.

Top Bottom