What's new

H & S PO76 & NO75 question

I am interested in the NO75 or the PO76 in steel but am unsure which is best for me. As a result I have been bouncing back and forth between the no75 and PO76 and am undecided over which one I should get.

I want a very efficient razor but one hat is supremely ild ans comfortable and smooth feeling as well.i use razors like the asd2 and masamune and pils.my most aggressive feeling razor is the 2020 paradigm diamondback

For especially shavers here who have the diamondback and the h and s NO75 and PO76 in steel, how would you compare the no75 and PO76 against the diamondback in particular? I like the idea of the PO76 especially in 17-04 steel but am worried it may be too aggressive feeling for me.

I found the PO76 a lot more aggressive than the diamondback. It takes a lot of concentration due to how much blade exposure there is on the 76. And I don’t think you will find the no75 any better than the diamondback unless your looking for something less aggressive / efficient.

I found the PO76 a lot more aggressive than the diamondback. It takes a lot of concentration due to how much blade exposure there is on the 76. And I don’t think you will find the no75 any better than the diamondback unless your looking for something less aggressive / efficient.

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask what ither razors you have found to be also aggressive in similar manner? I ask in order to try to predict if my expeirence for the PO76 will be similar to yours.

I’m waiting to try one of his p76 once it comes out in SS, or copper as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I originally bought the 17-4 and ended up returning it because the shave felt so harsh on my face. Latley I use a charcoal goods lvl 3 or 2, paradigm diamondback, or wolfman WR2 1.35. My experience could be completely different than yours tho. But I’ve seen a lot of people say that 17-4 metal feel inherently cold/surgical. Hard to describe but the material wasn’t for me. Tried both the SS No75 and aluminum plate one. If I didn’t have such a thick beard, I would have stuck with the aluminum plate setup. As far as any other razors I’ve had the same harsh feel with, I can’t come up with any really. Which makes me really think it was the metal.

I’m waiting to try one of his p76 once it comes out in SS, or copper as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I originally bought the 17-4 and ended up returning it because the shave felt so harsh on my face. Latley I use a charcoal goods lvl 3 or 2, paradigm diamondback, or wolfman WR2 1.35. My experience could be completely different than yours tho. But I’ve seen a lot of people say that 17-4 metal feel inherently cold/surgical. Hard to describe but the material wasn’t for me. Tried both the SS No75 and aluminum plate one. If I didn’t have such a thick beard, I would have stuck with the aluminum plate setup. As far as any other razors I’ve had the same harsh feel with, I can’t come up with any really. Which makes me really think it was the metal.

Thanks for your reply. I asked Aji and he said the copper razor that will come out is a PO76 so you will be able to try it again in that metal.

Depends on the price for me as well as the availability to snag one. For the Ti ones there was never an announcement and it seemed like they got thrown up around 12-1am my time so I had no chance at getting one. The quantity made are usually pretty small.

I have just received the Haircut and Shave PO76 in polished grade 5 titanium. This is truly one of the very best razors I have ever used. It is very smooth and extremely efficient- the magic combination. Since I tend to rely on the weight of my steel or brass razors and put no pressure i thought i would have more problems adjusting to the light weight - this razor is the lightest of all my razors. However the learning curve was very gentle and i adjusted very quickly. This razor performs flawlessly. Fit and finish is near perfect with the polish truly remarkable given I understand it is difficult to polish titanium to the same degree as stainless steel. I haven't used any other polished razor that has a polish this good of any material.

I used it again today. The nearest razor to it is the paradigm diamondback that I originally thought was a little more mild feeling but less efficient. After using both one after another on consecutive days I now think that the PO76 titanium is fully more mild and smooth feeling than the dteel diamond back and appreciably more efficient. The PO76 cuts facial hair better than any other razor I think I have ever used before but with more smoothness. Only the tatara masamune and the feather asd2 are definitely smoother feeling and more comfortable but they are also significantly less efficient. The titanium PO76 has the magic combination of smoothness and efficiency and arrives as close to being the perfect razor that I have found so far.

Thanks for this review Zwiehander. I am a big fan of titanium razors and this sounds like a good one. Not many options available. The ones I know of are:

Blackbird Ti
Timeless
Paradigm Javelin? - no word on when it will come out
Karve? - also no word
Carbon? - not available
Henson

I recently received the Blackbird Ti and love it. I had the Timeless Ti and sold it. I like the Paradigm SS Diamondback and would want a Ti version if it comes out. In the meantime, H&S seems like the only game in town for me besides the Henson, which is at a pretty good price point for titanium and I'm interested in trying one.

Thanks for this review Zwiehander. I am a big fan of titanium razors and this sounds like a good one. Not many options available. The ones I know of are:

Blackbird Ti
Timeless
Karve? - also no word
Carbon? - not available
Henson

I recently received the Blackbird Ti and love it. I had the Timeless Ti and sold it. I like the Paradigm SS Diamondback and would want a Ti version if it comes out. In the meantime, H&S seems like the only game in town for me besides the Henson, which is at a pretty good price point for titanium and I'm interested in trying one.

There is also the seygus zeppelin v2 titanium which is a very good razor. It employs grade 2 titanium instead of grade 5 that is used by blackland and by haircut and shave but I cannot tell any difference between those two different titanium materials.

Another PO76 Ti convert here. Used one in a pass around for four shaves last week and have one on order now. It's smooth, yes, but so efficient. There may be more aggressively efficient razors out there, but there will be a price to pay in harshness (note that I've tried a fair number of razors but not a Diamondback. There's a fabulous geometry to the cutting angles of the PO76 that, at least for me, works so well. Like others, such as Music, I generally like heavier razors and thought the Ti would be too light but that didn't turn out to the be the case. Btw, I'm also a huge fan of the NO75, got one in September and love it -- used it today, for instance, and it, too, is almost magical in its ease and yet ability to give a close shave. More autopilot than the PO76 but both are keepers for me. (I'm also waiting to get a Copper PO76, am wondering what that will be like.).

If your waiting for a new razor from Andy it might be quite a while and maybe never again!! After the grilling he took back in August on DFS and the whole debacle of him ripping off Phil over at Bullgoose for 10K I'd be surprised if he's not even in business anymore... He's been radio silent ever since... He had a collaboration with Mo at Grooming Dept that went belly up back in August also because of it already!!

Thanks muzichead - I guess I’ll strike the Javelin off the list!

Can’t imagine it getting much better than the Ti Blackbird, so I might pass on the H&S titanium given the price premium over the BB, as well as the Seygus, and try the new Henson Ti instead. How long I’ll be able to resist the H&S or the Seygus is another story.

Thanks muzichead - I guess I’ll strike the Javelin off the list!

Can’t imagine it getting much better than the Ti Blackbird, so I might pass on the H&S titanium given the price premium over the BB, as well as the Seygus, and try the new Henson Ti instead. How long I’ll be able to resist the H&S or the Seygus is another story.
I would suggest the Slim Timeless if you are interested in the others too. All preliminary reports on the Slim are very positive so far and early sales would also suggest they hit it out of the park with this one!! They're on the 2nd run already and Matt has said this razor will be as readily available as others in the line...not to mention its still $300 cheaper than the H&S offering!!:ouch1:

Great idea. I understand that it’s more efficient than than the Timeless 95, and not sure I need that, but it also sounds different in a way. And $300 cheaper is good! 🤓

Top Bottom