What's new

H.L. Thater Premium Boar Brushes

I just ordered one of these. The black beehive. Anyone else have one of these babies?
This is the one I ordered:

boar.jpg

Looks excellent.

Too rich for my blood. I've heard they're very nice though.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts as you use it for sure.

Congrats!

I love boar brushes of all types. This one looks good, although it seems rather expensive. I still want one though. ;)

When I first saw this brush I thought, who would spend $85. on a boar brush. The Semogue SOC brush sells for $45. and even that is way above most others. But here I am with one on order.
The care and quality that went into making it just drew me to it. I couldn't resist.

This bristle is hand sorted and the knots are hand tied. The cost of bulk badger hair from China is not significantly more expensive than premium boar bristle. The labor costs are the same. So this is not a lot of money for a premium boar brush. Worth every penny.

Excellent boar brush. Just needs time to get the tips soft. Yes you can get many boar brushes for $10-$30 which are very enjoyable. The handle and quality are at a higher level. I am very happy with this as well as my less expensive Zenith Omega and Mondial boar brushes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m about a month into daily shaves with mine. It has broken in wonderfully. This knot is superior to other boars I’ve used. It’s much denser. For me it’s the perfect balance of back bone and soft tips. I’m quite happy with mine, but I’ve used boars for 40 years and can appreciate the quality of this knot. If it’s your first boar, go for a lower cost unit to see if it’s your bag. If you are a fan of boars this is a worthy contender.

Nice brush! I’m sure it’s great but I can’t complain about my under $20 semoques and I’m not quite sure how much better you can get. I’ve been known to forget things in hotels so I void all things expensive. I’ve left electric toothbrushes, razors...you name it.

Up until now I thought the best boar brush was my Semogue 1800. And I tried many boar brushes. I got a feeling this one will knock it off first place.

They say natural white.

Thanks for the info.

I imagine the parties responsible for tying the knots must have gone through piles of bristles to find ones that were all that particular colour, length and thickness.

Seems like the price may not suit everyone but the quality looks superb.

Top Bottom