What's new

Guys with Course Beards- Need help with 3rd DE selection

I think you made the right choices! You've got to update us about the German 37, I recently got my first slant (Ikon X3) and I'm very interested to hear how the other modern slants perform.

Happy shaving!

Too late to the game, but a Muhle R41 with a very shallow angle is perfect for my coarse neck beard.

+1. I second the recommendations about a vintage Gillette Old Type. It is a nice aggressive razor and can handle a heavy beard. And I agree that a Muhle R41 is worth giving a try. Both razors can be bought for not a lot of money and are simple to use and maintain.

I'm a big fan of the Old Type and is one of my favorite drivers. However I also like slants (current 37C). The big difference with slant for me is going against the grain. The angle makes for a smoother and thus less pull at the ATG direction. So with your course beard I have to assume that a slant may add to your more comfort overall. Also a 37C is well within your stated price point.

Gillette Red Tip. I have a course beard and with one pass + clean up it gets extremely close. Can be found in forum lots or ebay for around 20 or 25 dollars

Top Bottom