What's new

Gurkha cigars

Does anyone here smoke these? I can't bring myself to even try. The non-stop marketing and "sale" prices online and in magazines drives me crazy.....but I have to know.....are they even worth smoking or does the brand stay afloat by the marketing?

Happy Holidays and Go Packers!

They're a nice cigar, but they have so many versions now it's hard to remember which ones I've liked. I do remember the "Black Dragon" was a good cigar. I don't go out of my way for them, the only ones I've had came from samplers. They are heavily marketed, I think it's actually hurting their reputation. The really good cigars don't have to hype themselves IMHO.

I picked up an assorted 5 pack. They are just OK. The burn is good. I prefer the maduro wrap so far. They are definitely a "promo" brand.

They're a nice cigar, but they have so many versions now it's hard to remember which ones I've liked.

I've also had a few from CI, good cigars, just don't ask me which ones. Unfortunately Rocky Patel is starting to go down that same track. It's to bad, because Rocky has some great cigars like Vintage and Decade.

I had one of the Gurkha Blue Steel cigars yesterday and really liked it, although it didn't taste any better than the CI house blend I had today. I'll buy them if the price is right.

Top Bottom