What's new

Gun Show here was canceled

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
We have a professional basketball team and a professional cow chip tossing team! Do ya'll have a professional cow chip throwing team? :)

Of course we do. They're called the Texas Turd Throwers.

We're behind Oklahoma on points though. We'll get 'em next year.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Of course we do. They're called the Texas Turd Throwers.

We're behind Oklahoma on points though. We'll get 'em next year.

Rumor has it, one of the rules in the sport is, if you don’t get a good first throw, you are allowed a second throw, but only if you lick your fingers first. :)

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Yeah, I know. My post was just a joke. Texas and Oklahoma will always follow each other, to whatever and wherever the conference is, because of the RRR.
Missouri left the Big 12 for the SEC in 2012. Hated it then, hate it now. Lost the Kansas Mizzou annual football game. Now OU and OSU won’t play each year either.

At least I will soon have two more former Big 12 teams to pull for on Saturdays. Boomer Sooner!, and Go Horns!

OkieStubble

Missouri left the Big 12 for the SEC in 2012. Hated it then, hate it now. Lost the Kansas Mizzou annual football game. Now OU and OSU won’t play each year either.

At least I will soon have two more former Big 12 teams to pull for on Saturdays. Boomer Sooner!, and Go Horns!

As big as the Texas Okla rivalry is or Bedlam with OSU, when Texas beat USC for all the marbles in 2015 and OSU beat Stanford in the Fiesta in 4 overtime’s, I lost my voice, screaming and rooting for both of them.

Being in different conferences does always mean the old rivalry games go away. It would be flat out dumb to get rid of the OSU-OU game.

(I’m sitting here in my orange shirt as I type this)

OkieStubble

Being in different conferences does always mean the old rivalry games go away. It would be flat out dumb to get rid of the OSU-OU game.

(I’m sitting here in my orange shirt as I type this)

Not only that, but if the Big 12 merges with the PAC and makes their own super conference? Both conferences would either have to quit scheduling "non-conference" games, or play a 16 week season like the NFL does, just to get thru all the teams in their own conference?

In a way - the gun shows are "so 5 minutes ago". Don't get me wrong, I love going to gun shows. But in this age of computer technology, it's just as easy to make a purchase, choose a local FFL, and then pick up your goods (including any waiting period as required by law).

Now besides being able to pick up and handle goods at a show, the gun shows are awesome for historic memorabilia and hard to find parts and accessories that may not be found on the Internet. Also, I find that if I go to another neighboring state, a lot of shows will have an FFL from my state there and can legally broker a transaction for me.

I will say, if local government officials think that gun sales are coming to a halt by banning gun shows (like they try to do where I live), they are sadly mistaken. The gun shows are already going away due to (IMHO) technology and other driving forces.

OkieStubble

In a way - the gun shows are "so 5 minutes ago". Don't get me wrong, I love going to gun shows. But in this age of computer technology, it's just as easy to make a purchase, choose a local FFL, and then pick up your goods (including any waiting period as required by law).

Now besides being able to pick up and handle goods at a show, the gun shows are awesome for historic memorabilia and hard to find parts and accessories that may not be found on the Internet. Also, I find that if I go to another neighboring state, a lot of shows will have an FFL from my state there and can legally broker a transaction for me.

I will say, if local government officials think that gun sales are coming to a halt by banning gun shows (like they try to do where I live), they are sadly mistaken. The gun shows are already going away due to (IMHO) technology and other driving forces.

Good post. Agreed. I find better firearms deals at pawn shops then I do at gun shows and pawn shop prices are known to suck. :)

Top Bottom