What's new

Guilty TV pleasures

I believe that people fall into 1 of 2 categories, based on their preferences as follows:

Good
Mayo (Hellman's)
Dogs
Sarah Moulton

Evil
Miracle Whip
Cats
Rachael Ray:devil: :devil: :devil:

Where do I fall? Sarah-good, dogs- bad, mayo-otay.

Yes, Rachael is evil!!

JoAnna

mrob said:
I believe that people fall into 1 of 2 categories, based on their preferences as follows:

Good
Mayo (Hellman's)
Dogs
Sarah Moulton

Evil
Miracle Whip
Cats

Oh, and now I'm hooked on the Shield, but I watch them through Netflix, sometimes it is a good thing being out of touch, now I have four seasons to go.
Cheers, DJ.

mrob said:

Good
Mayo (Hellman's)
Dogs
Sarah Moulton

Evil
Miracle Whip
Cats
Amen to that! I would also add Alton Brown as my favorite host. Well, besides Giada DeLaurentiis... sigh...:blush:

Anthony Bourdain is great as well, though he issues travelogues more than he cooks.

inkling said:
Giada DeLaurentiis... sigh...:blush:

I know inkling. I sort of go weak kneed when she flashes that sweet, innocent smile of hers. Would also agree that Alton Brown is a great host. I love his non-pc approach to food and his hamminess on the screen. Catch his shows about grits and mixed drinks. He does this shtick where he's dressed like Harlan Sanders right down to the three piece white suit with black ribbon tie. He does the whole bit and it's hilarious in it's own right. Alton is a Southern boy himself and his self depricating wit is quite humorous.

Regards, Todd

mrs. chefchris said:
Are they still producing new episodes of Dr Who? I thought Peter Davisson(Is that the right name?) was the last Doctor. Wow! I haven't seen Dr Who in 6 years, as I never seem to be living in an area with a decent PBS station. Also, means I miss out on Red Dwarf. The local PBS atleast shows Red Green on Saturday night.

Where have you been?!!! There have been four Doctors since then, five if you include the awful film!

Seventh Doctor, played by Sylvester McCoy (1987–1989, 1996)
Eighth Doctor, played by Paul McGann (1996) Film Version
Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston (2005)
Tenth Doctor, played by David Tennant (2005–present)

The two last Doctors have been excellent and really rejuvenated the ptogram. Also the companion to both of them, Billie Piper doesn't hurt the eyes! (a female Billie, I hasten to add!)

The new stuff also benefits from far better effects - no more wobbly scenery.

I reckoned Chris Eccleston was one of the best but David Tennent has grown on me.

The last two episodes of the latest series were crackers - Daleks AND Cybermen!

Of course, it's better for me as it's now made by BBC Wales in Cardiff, my home town, and it's fun spotting the places.

(Dr: "I've travelled all over the universe and I get to die in Cardiff?"

Amused me

Gareth

A new guilty pleasure I've just developed is an addiction to DVR (Digital video recorder).

These things are awesome!! Record shows, FF through commercials, watch whatever you want when you want!

Incredible.

proxy.php

Yeah. A guilty pleasure. :blushing:

I'm a big Good Eats fan too, but I don't feel guilty about it. :w00t: Same goes for Stargate SG-1.

--Mark

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In an effort to prevent our daughter from becoming the blithering idiot that is her ever lovin' dad:tongue_sm , we (ie:my wife) decided to ban television viewing in our home. My 9yo has been a trooper, and has accepted her fate with dignity and aplomb, something that can't be said for dad. :eek: First off, I consider that request to be something that would have been nice to have before I sprang for the big screen.:mad:

One more thing- Rachel Ray is the antichrist. She's not that pretty, can't cook worth a damn, and her knife skills are downright scary.

I forgot about Sylvester McCoy. Tom was always my favorite Doctor. As I said PBS were I live is ridiculous. No decent programming. From your timeline I see they did stop making new episodes for awhile?

It would be interesting to see some of the new stuff. I'll have to check the PBS in Seattle for new Dr. Who. They have excellent programs and I will be there for 2 weeks this month.

How young is Dr. Who now? Is he in diapers yet? :lol:

JoAnna

galopede said:
Where have you been?!!! There have been four Doctors since then, five if you include the awful film!

Seventh Doctor, played by Sylvester McCoy (1987–1989, 1996)
Eighth Doctor, played by Paul McGann (1996) Film Version
Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston (2005)
Tenth Doctor, played by David Tennant (2005–present)

The two last Doctors have been excellent and really rejuvenated the ptogram. Also the companion to both of them, Billie Piper doesn't hurt the eyes! (a female Billie, I hasten to add!)

The new stuff also benefits from far better effects - no more wobbly scenery.

I reckoned Chris Eccleston was one of the best but David Tennent has grown on me.

The last two episodes of the latest series were crackers - Daleks AND Cybermen!

Of course, it's better for me as it's now made by BBC Wales in Cardiff, my home town, and it's fun spotting the places.

(Dr: "I've travelled all over the universe and I get to die in Cardiff?"

Amused me

Gareth

ouch said:
One more thing- Rachel Ray is the antichrist. She's not that pretty, can't cook worth a damn, and her knife skills are downright scary.

Perhaps, we should make this debate a seperate thread.

You know when the cameras go off, Rachael is spending more than her $40 worth, right? While, she is being kicked by all the p.o.ed waitstaff!!! Someone needs to teach her how to tip properly.

JoAnna

ouch said:
In an effort to prevent our daughter from becoming the blithering idiot that is her ever lovin' dad:tongue_sm , we (ie:my wife) decided to ban television viewing in our home. My 9yo has been a trooper, and has accepted her fate with dignity and aplomb, something that can't be said for dad. :eek: First off, I consider that request to be something that would have been nice to have before I sprang for the big screen.:mad:

I sympathize on the no-TV ban--if I "let" her, my wife would have done this to "save" our 2 boys, too--but there are some things I just can't do, and give up my TV is one of them--you're always welcome here for a fix!

And I agree that RR is evil personified--I don't know who owes her money, but how that woman got her own network talk show for this Fall is simply beyond me. Its a sign of the apocolypse, I'm afraid. . .:mad:

Top Bottom