What's new

Guide to Wet shaving / Traditional shaving supplies in Dubai, UAE

Hello all,

As this is my first post here thought I would give some background on myself first. Started wet shaving with a DE over 4 years ago when I was in college in the US. I moved to Dubai for work after graduation and due to my heavy travel schedule was only able to wet shave ~1 a week, as such I let my hobby slip. I've had some free time on my hands between jobs now and wanted to get back into the hobby full swing, I knew Dubai had to have many supplies available but didn't know where to start looking. Some pre-existing threads pointed me to some places but nothing had a comprehensive list of any sorts. Therefore, I spent some time over the past couple of weeks going to different shops and super markets to put together a list of where one can find all manner of wet shaving supplies in Dubai.

Hopefully Dubai based wet shavers and visitors will find this useful!

List will be by category (ex. razors, sub category, brand, location and finally price if I remember it) of where I have physically been and seen these products

1. Razors
    1. Feather: Plastic feather razor, best DE i've seen in Dubai, found at Chachoos for AED 32
    2. ​Lords: Couple of different Lords models I've seen around, Can be found at Lulu hypermarket and some smaller mini markets Aed ~4-5
    3. Concord: Multiple models, all models found at Chachoos, limited availability in some mini markets, price 3-14 AED depending on model
  2. Brushes
    1. Badger
      • Crabtree and Evelyn: pure badger, found at C&E stores, priced at ~600 AED if i recall
      • Gold Dachs: Pure badger and silvertip (pleasant unexpected find), found at supercare pharmacies (definitely the one on Al Wasl) 175-400 AED depending on model
    2. Synthetic
      • The Body Shop: found in body shop stores
      • L'occitane: found in L'occitane stores, 219 AED
      • Omega: Chachoos, Lulu, various supermarkets and mini marts
  3. Blades
    1. ​Feather: Chachoos, Lulu, 3 AED for 5 blades 50 AED for 100 blades
    2. Supermax Super Stainless: Lulu, various supermarkets, 1 AED for 5 blades 19 AED for 100 blades
    3. Gillette 7'oclock: Lulu, various supermarkets (most prevalent blade), 1.5 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    4. Derby: Carrefour hypermarket (big one like MOE), 28 AED for 100 blades
    5. Lord cool: Chachoos, 1 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    6. Lord classic: Chachoos, 1 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    7. Astra: My barber uses them but I have not seen them at any store in Dubai, but there is definitely a supplier of them here
  4. Creams and Soaps:
    1. Crabtree & Evelyn: Full range of creams and soaps, C&E stores
    2. L'occitane: Cade cream and soap, L'occitane stores,
    3. Truefitt and Hill: various creams and soaps, 1847 stores,starting at ~100 AED
    4. Art of shaving, various creams and soaps and travel kits, 1847 stores,starting at ~120 AED
    5. Body shop: Macca root cream, body shop stores
    6. Gold Dachs: shave soap, Supercare pharmacy, 60 AED for refill 90 for soap + tin
    7. Old Spice: Original & Lime, Chachoos, Lulu, ~4 AED
    8. Godrej: Lime, menthol, original?, Chachoos, Lulu, Manama hypermarket, ~3.5 AED
    9. Nivea: sensitive and regular, pretty much any store in Dubai, 5-6 AED
    10. Derby: lemon, regular, Carrefour hypermarket, 3-5 AED
  5. After Shave balms: (mostly looked at balms as that's what i prefer)
    1. Crabtree & Evelyn: Full range, C&E stores
    2. L'occitane: Full range of balms, L'occitane stores
    3. Truefitt and Hill: various scents, 1847 stores
    4. Art of shaving, various scents, 1847 stores
    5. Body shop: body shop after shave balm, body shop stores
    6. Tabac: Carrefour hypermarket, 18 AED for small bottle
    7. Nivea: sensitive (becoming harder to find as being replaced by nivea AS fluid and regular balm, most supermarkets, ~20 AED
*plenty of alcohol based splashes and sprays available by old spice, and many other brands

Some conclusions:

The higher end items (e.x. C&E) can be had for much less online including shipping to the UAE, particularly UK based stores (VAT discount + relatively inexpensive shipping)
Lower end items such as the blades and lower end creams are an absolute steal compared to online sources

There you have it folks, I'm sure there's a few more things around Dubai that I haven't found so will update this list accordingly.
Additionally, if you are a fellow Dubai/UAE based wet shaver happy to hear from you and feel free to pitch in with your own findings!

Looking forward to continued contribution on this forum!

Cheers!

Update with additional finds:

Aqua Di Parma shaving cream, after shave etc - Available at Bloomingdales, Dubai Mall

Gentleman's Tonic shaving cream, after shave etc. - Grooming section Harvey Nichols, Mall of the Emirates

Great list here. I have been hunting round dubai for ages. Almost impossible to find a decent DE. Blades are a plenty but like everything else here, one day they have stock and the next day you have to wait a couple of month before you see them again!.

Great list here. I have been hunting round dubai for ages. Almost impossible to find a decent DE. Blades are a plenty but like everything else here, one day they have stock and the next day you have to wait a couple of month before you see them again!.

I've never had trouble at Lulu Hypermarket in Barsha. Seems to be a steady supply of feather, 7oclocks and super max super stainless. All blades that I like.

One more great find in Dubai is kiss my face shaving cream for a reasonable 25 AED at the health store across the store from Carrefour at mall of the Emirates!

[MENTION=109582]omegaaddict[/MENTION], thanks for the very useful information. Came in handy.

the importer for feather products is located in Deira. Just outside the main entrance of the Gold Souk. Directions - go past Baskin Robbins (on your left) and then continue till you get to a shop called Singapore House. Turn left into the small lane and look for Al Jufri trading on the right. Has a feather signboard on the outside.
The feather DE razor retails for AED 28 and a box of 200 Platinum coated feather blades (the yellow ones) goes for 80 AED. If you need Alum head to the Spice Souk. Plenty of it available 300 gm for AED 10.

Greetings, thanks for the info now our little group has a couple place to look around (some work colleagues and myself) we have been mostly just splitting the cost of different blades off of eBay and of course in search for the ultimate razor.
Our latest find in DE blades has been Gillette Platinum out of Jeddah (must be a field office?) super max blue diamond and vidyut super max platinum all in the West Camp of JAFZA.

Hello all,

As this is my first post here thought I would give some background on myself first. Started wet shaving with a DE over 4 years ago when I was in college in the US. I moved to Dubai for work after graduation and due to my heavy travel schedule was only able to wet shave ~1 a week, as such I let my hobby slip. I've had some free time on my hands between jobs now and wanted to get back into the hobby full swing, I knew Dubai had to have many supplies available but didn't know where to start looking. Some pre-existing threads pointed me to some places but nothing had a comprehensive list of any sorts. Therefore, I spent some time over the past couple of weeks going to different shops and super markets to put together a list of where one can find all manner of wet shaving supplies in Dubai.

Hopefully Dubai based wet shavers and visitors will find this useful!

List will be by category (ex. razors, sub category, brand, location and finally price if I remember it) of where I have physically been and seen these products

1. Razors
    1. Feather: Plastic feather razor, best DE i've seen in Dubai, found at Chachoos for AED 32
    2. ​Lords: Couple of different Lords models I've seen around, Can be found at Lulu hypermarket and some smaller mini markets Aed ~4-5
    3. Concord: Multiple models, all models found at Chachoos, limited availability in some mini markets, price 3-14 AED depending on model
  2. Brushes
    1. Badger
      • Crabtree and Evelyn: pure badger, found at C&E stores, priced at ~600 AED if i recall
      • Gold Dachs: Pure badger and silvertip (pleasant unexpected find), found at supercare pharmacies (definitely the one on Al Wasl) 175-400 AED depending on model
    2. Synthetic
      • The Body Shop: found in body shop stores
      • L'occitane: found in L'occitane stores, 219 AED
      • Omega: Chachoos, Lulu, various supermarkets and mini marts
  3. Blades
    1. ​Feather: Chachoos, Lulu, 3 AED for 5 blades 50 AED for 100 blades
    2. Supermax Super Stainless: Lulu, various supermarkets, 1 AED for 5 blades 19 AED for 100 blades
    3. Gillette 7'oclock: Lulu, various supermarkets (most prevalent blade), 1.5 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    4. Derby: Carrefour hypermarket (big one like MOE), 28 AED for 100 blades
    5. Lord cool: Chachoos, 1 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    6. Lord classic: Chachoos, 1 AED for 5 blades 20 AED for 100 blades
    7. Astra: My barber uses them but I have not seen them at any store in Dubai, but there is definitely a supplier of them here
  4. Creams and Soaps:
    1. Crabtree & Evelyn: Full range of creams and soaps, C&E stores
    2. L'occitane: Cade cream and soap, L'occitane stores,
    3. Truefitt and Hill: various creams and soaps, 1847 stores,starting at ~100 AED
    4. Art of shaving, various creams and soaps and travel kits, 1847 stores,starting at ~120 AED
    5. Body shop: Macca root cream, body shop stores
    6. Gold Dachs: shave soap, Supercare pharmacy, 60 AED for refill 90 for soap + tin
    7. Old Spice: Original & Lime, Chachoos, Lulu, ~4 AED
    8. Godrej: Lime, menthol, original?, Chachoos, Lulu, Manama hypermarket, ~3.5 AED
    9. Nivea: sensitive and regular, pretty much any store in Dubai, 5-6 AED
    10. Derby: lemon, regular, Carrefour hypermarket, 3-5 AED
  5. After Shave balms: (mostly looked at balms as that's what i prefer)
    1. Crabtree & Evelyn: Full range, C&E stores
    2. L'occitane: Full range of balms, L'occitane stores
    3. Truefitt and Hill: various scents, 1847 stores
    4. Art of shaving, various scents, 1847 stores
    5. Body shop: body shop after shave balm, body shop stores
    6. Tabac: Carrefour hypermarket, 18 AED for small bottle
    7. Nivea: sensitive (becoming harder to find as being replaced by nivea AS fluid and regular balm, most supermarkets, ~20 AED
*plenty of alcohol based splashes and sprays available by old spice, and many other brands

Some conclusions:

The higher end items (e.x. C&E) can be had for much less online including shipping to the UAE, particularly UK based stores (VAT discount + relatively inexpensive shipping)
Lower end items such as the blades and lower end creams are an absolute steal compared to online sources

There you have it folks, I'm sure there's a few more things around Dubai that I haven't found so will update this list accordingly.
Additionally, if you are a fellow Dubai/UAE based wet shaver happy to hear from you and feel free to pitch in with your own findings!

Looking forward to continued contribution on this forum!

Cheers!

I've been living in Dubai and just got into wet shaving very recently and had trouble finding supplies.
This is exactly what I needed.
Thanks a ton!!

Top Bottom