What's new

Guess what the highest rated shave soap on Amazon is? Go ahead. Guess.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
EXCELLENT post friend @JCinPA !

I can't (but almost always try to) speak for anyone but me, but I cannot use Cella, as I have a sensitivity to it. Seriously, I think I could use gasoline for aftershave, but Cella lights me up (thanks, @shavefan !)

As to why I like Williams: my Dad werked on Soapy Williams campaigns back in the day.

I think I like the simple fragrance. But I love Arko, so there goes that theory.

I THINK the biggest reason for the "status" of Williams today is something @Marco touched on: the history. EVERYONE'S grampa/dad used it, and most of those men were "Joe lunch box" types, as are much of us.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I can't (but almost always try to) speak for anyone but me, but I cannot use Cella, as I have a sensitivity to it. Seriously, I think I could use gasoline for aftershave, but Cella lights me up (thanks, @shavefan !)

It lights me up too, it's the benzaldehyde used for almond scent.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I suspect you are right @FarmerTan, and it corroborates Marco's theory. I just got that bicentennial mug in the mail today, I'll use it a few more times, just for old time's sake. I always thought it was fine stuff until I got here. And it does work!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@JCinPA Dear John, I desire to honour your thread and delight our readers with the below vintage pics. :euro:

20210821_123434.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom