What's new

Guess what I’m doing

Mike H

Instagram Famous
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I tried to bake most of my home grown after fire curing, but I used my grill and not the oven. No thermometer and it must have been too hot. Ended with what looked like charcloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding ding ding. I know Hirsute has done it with good results, have you done any?
Very limited. I got some samples from the Portland connection, which were tasty, so I had to try my hand at it.

I did an ounce of 5100 & another ounce sprinkled with perique. The results were fine - darkened up considerably, and tasted "richer" than the un-stoved. However, it's my understanding that although stoving works like a rapidly accelerated aging process, the actual aging process is essentially stopped; ie, stoved tobacco left jarred for a couple years won't really improve much. Since I'm already sitting on more tobacco than I'm likely to smoke for the rest of my life, I decided to just stick with the natural route moving forward.

I've stoved Uni flake before, and was happy with the results from it compared to un-stoved version. I actually picked up more Uni flake just to stove it, and ended up stashing it to stove later, and still haven't made it back to it yet. Course, now both tins I picked up are 3 years old natural aging, so I guess I'll not be stoving them after all. lol

Top Bottom