What's new

Guess that movie

Ah, that's the "Me Too" moment from "All About Eve", I'm pretty sure.
correct, Marilyn Monroe, graduate of the Copacabana school of drama (I've always loved that line). One of my all-time favorite films. It's very smart without being condescending to the view and has Bette's best line ever--Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

It's a favourite of mine too - with the excellent Thelma Ritter and Anne Baxter, who I always confuse for Joan Fontaine in that role.
Ok, I'm up - shouldn't be too hard, but the connection..?
woo.jpg

It's a favourite of mine too - with the excellent Thelma Ritter and Anne Baxter, who I always confuse for Joan Fontaine in that role.
Ok, I'm up - shouldn't be too hard, but the connection..?
View attachment 971708
I can't believe Sleuth hasn't been shouted out yet. Great movie, and holds the record for being the only film where the entire cast was nominated for oscars.

I think you and I have seen a lot of the same movies.
I was just thinking the same. Lol. As a teen / early twenties I worked in three different cinema theatres. You see a lot of films, and projectionists are all film nuts so they shared 100s of videos a month, or at least it felt like 100s.

"Hamlet" was in one of the cinemas when it came out. It was so long, we had to dig out the old "Intermission" cards and turn a blind eye when people brought their own cushions.

Top Bottom