What's new

Guess that movie quote

I had to look it up. I've been working through some classics of this genre recently so I will probably be getting to this one soon...but not soon enough obviously.

Just for you, Price! Please play on.

"All right! Who did it? Who did it? You are going to stand sweating at those battle stations until someone confesses! It's an insult to the honor of this ship! The symbol of our cargo record has been destroyed and I'm going to find out who did it if it takes all night!"

Just for you, Price! Please play on.

"All right! Who did it? Who did it? You are going to stand sweating at those battle stations until someone confesses! It's an insult to the honor of this ship! The symbol of our cargo record has been destroyed and I'm going to find out who did it if it takes all night!"

:thumbup: One of my all-time favorites.

Anyone want to have a go?

I read that in Cagney's voice, BTW.

It feels like it might be Caine Mutiny. I never actually saw the film, just read the book, and it's been somewhere in the area of 30 years since I did that, so it's a bit of WAG.

I'm going to go forward with an older film, connected to Mr. Roberts with an iconic performance. I believe this line was in the AFI top film quotes of all time.
"I made it, ma, top of the world!"

Yeah, I can recall the scene, but only in the context of the AFI Top 100 or some similar point of reference... not from seeing the film itself. I'm thinking it was a gangster film and I feel like he was going down in a hail of bullets as he said it.

Top Bottom