What's new

Guess that movie quote

I just want to apologize for my grammar. At first I was going to ask "who's up" and then changed my post and forgot to change the "who's" to "whose." I'm just glad my kids aren't on this site. I'd never hear the end of it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
OK...here we go;

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine".

proxy.php
"A film is a [amazing] fountain of thought". Jean Cocteau

Not related, but it popped into my mind this morning.

Now that’s a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Play on if you know it.

This is connected, but with Daphne Zuniga playing the Ione Skye role. And I hold the minority opinion that it's better movie:

Hi, I'm Gary Cooper, but not the Gary Cooper that's dead.

The Sure Thing is a great movie, but it is most certainly NOT better than Say Anything. I'd say it's #4 in the John Cusack 4-pack. BoD, Say Anything, One Crazy Summer, then Sure Thing.

I agree that BoD (Better Off Dead, for those unfamiliar with the movie) is one of the best. Grosse Pointe Blank is really high on the list for me, too.

The Sure Thing is a great movie, but it is most certainly NOT better than Say Anything. I'd say it's #4 in the John Cusack 4-pack. BoD, Say Anything, One Crazy Summer, then Sure Thing.

I agree that BoD (Better Off Dead, for those unfamiliar with the movie) is one of the best. Grosse Pointe Blank is really high on the list for me, too.

What about 1408?

Kidding!

It does have it's memorable moments though, e.g. melting clock playing The Carpenters. Short story is much better.

Actually, I'm going to disagree with all of you and put this next movie quote as my personal favorite Cusack movie, and also advice I still follow to this day:

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch."

That is High Fidelity. I only know that because right now I am wearing a Cosby sweater that Laura picked out for me. And I love Peter *&*((*&^% Frampton

Is that the lead singer of Kathleen Turner Overdrive?

I'm taking the connection in a different direction:

A: Oh, no. It's just I thought you had hidden depths.

B: No, no, you've always had that wrong about me. I really am this shallow.

Top Bottom