What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

We'll keep the connection (although this has been put to film many times):
Boss doesn't want to let his best employee go and so resorts to trickery to keep them on the job, destroying their personal life in the process.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
keep them on the job, destroying their personal life in the process.
1632239408281.png

Mutiny on the Bounty

A hint? One version of this story is filmed by the director who's been in this latest series, but it's also been filmed by Howard Hawks, Ted Kotcheff, and Lewis Milestone--which inadvertently connects it back to Mutiny on the Bounty!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
A hint? One version of this story is filmed by the director who's been in this latest series, but it's also been filmed by Howard Hawks, Ted Kotcheff, and Lewis Milestone--which inadvertently connects it back to Mutiny on the Bounty!
Hmmm. Charlie and Ben would approve. :thumbup1:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
You forgot George Stevens and John Sturges, as well as Rudyard Kipling. ;)

No, but he wrote a poem that was co-opted by George Stevens as the backdrop for yet another setting of the motion picture in question. If memory serve me, Hildy was played by Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. ;)
Never thought of it that way. I haven't seen Gunga Din since I was in Junior High, but got to see it on the big screen. What a show. You obviously know the picture in question, did you want to take the next round?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Never thought of it that way. I haven't seen Gunga Din since I was in Junior High, but got to see it on the big screen. What a show. You obviously know the picture in question, did you want to take the next round?
Sure. Looks like it's between you and me, and we both know the picture is "The Front Page."

"Gunga Din" takes its plot line from TFP, as does "Sergeants 3," which starred the Rat Pack.

Now let me think of something intriguing yet accessible.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Sure. Looks like it's between you and me, and we both know the picture is "The Front Page."

That vaguely rang a bell ... and when I looked it up found out it's both the pre-make and the re-make of one of my favourite comedies, "His Girl Friday". I wouldn't have guessed TFP in a month of Friday's but I should have twigged on HGF.

Oh well.

Looking forward to the next puzzler ...

1632416993964.png

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Man accused of murder is saved by cantankerous curmudgeon of a lawyer despite damning evidence and testimony.

Top Bottom