What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

No guesses for The Nightcomers (1971)? Perhaps a bit too obscure? Brando and Beacham play the characters that would later be ghosts in The Innocents, a movie made 10 years earlier.

819CCszwieL._SL1340_.jpg

Well since I killed this thread, perhaps I can revitalize it with a movie I watched just this weekend:
Professional who has since moved into a new career path is called back into action by a young upstart. He enlists an old partner, but the business is now controlled by an authoritarian. Our professional triumphs, but at a high personal cost. He leaves the business again to presumably move into yet another career.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
American businessman deals with family problems as international tensions rise in Cold War Berlin.
(Two possible answers to this one; either wins.)

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
My first thought was One, Two, Three (tremendous performance from Jimmy Cagney in that).
"One, Two, Three" is correct, and, yes, Cagney's performance was incandescent.

After deciding on "One, Two, Three," it occurred to me that there was another fine movie of the Cold War period set in Berlin: Nunnally Johnson's oft-overlooked "Night People." While "One, Two, Three" drew laughter from the divided city, "Night People" was a deadly serious, noir-ish thriller.

Interestingly (and this would have been a clue, had it been needed), both pictures starred Oscar winners: Cagney, of course, and, in "Night People," Gregory Peck and Broderick Crawford.

Good to see you're back with your posers.

Well, let's keep it related to One, Two, Three:
Two gentlemen must go incognito to evade the mob. They both find romance while in disguise.

"Some Like It Hot."
Growing up in Champaign/Urbana Illinois, it always elicited a laugh when they mentioned playing a frat party in Urbana. Of course this was connected by the most consistently great director in Hollywood, Billy Wilder. You are up.

Top Bottom